Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 12:12 AM
Aviak

Got a link for that?
Old 01-08-2015, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....net+framework

Install 3, 4 and 4.5 for sure. maybe 2 too...

Here is what my updates look like. Make sure you installed C++ for 32bit and 64bit

http://grabilla.com/05108-d19f3449-c...a4d32cd65.html
Old 01-08-2015, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, I can't actually get my install to run in Fullscreen, did you try editing the ini manually? WindowedMode=FALSE should be set to TRUE if you want windows . . . however, mine is set to FALSE and I still get it windowed, haha.

Make a copy of your ini file, back it up, and then c/p my ini into it. See what happens (also, edit the resolution!)
Sorry, I should of been more specific. The game runs in a window but the cursor is isolated to that window and doesn't allow me to interact with other windows/the desktop/etc..
Old 01-08-2015, 12:20 AM
Orc

Thanks everyone that sent me links to get this going.

Rolled a war/shm duo.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:25 AM
Aviak

Unfortunately my PC already has .net framework 4.5 and none of the prior ones will install bc it says i have newer software..... =(

Unless there is some way to bypass and force it to install the older versions?
Old 01-08-2015, 12:33 AM
Orc

Having 4.5 shouldn't stop you from getting previous versions. Search for "turn windows features on or off" and check the box for .Net 3.0. Then hit ok.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, I should of been more specific. The game runs in a window but the cursor is isolated to that window and doesn't allow me to interact with other windows/the desktop/etc..
Bandaid for this is Ctr + Alt + R to unlock mouse. dextory works much better tho, setup your forums/music/hentai on one desktop...EQ on another.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:37 AM
Aviak

So i uncheck .net 3.0 and reinstall it?
Old 01-08-2015, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

awesome post from the TAKP forums about class balance in planes of power:

Quote:
From Velious to AK's PoP... I'll give this a shot off the top of my head:

Bards - Fading memories AA gives them an FD. Makes them fantastic pullers. Spell and skill focus group songs increase DPS for raids outrageously.
Beastlords - Good utility, strong pet, AA's to make them good raiders, group mana regen. Welcome in most any group.
Clerics - Still the best healers.
Druids - Additional heals to make them viable group healers. Lots of utility, good outdoor pullers which is helpful in POP experience zones. Group healers in raids.
Enchanter - Amazing on raids where charming is possible. Utility provided. The best grouping class with charm. Can illlusion other people.
Magician - No longer a mod rod summoner, COH trick pony. COH is still good, but mages do well with best ds + pets + nukes. They are in a good place.
Monk - Lost a bit in their tankability from velious, but they still reach top levels of dps, and are most often the main pullers.
Necromancer - Dots stack. Suddenly they are raid dps and utility. This is a great time for them.
Paladin - Raid off-tanks, ridiculous group tanks, utility, rez, etc. Good group healers on POP raids. Great era for hybrid tanks.
Ranger - This era is where Rangers should lose the "Ranger down!" jokes. Top of the line dps with bows and archery AA's, good outdoor pullers, track utility is gigantic in outdoor pop zones, and group ATK buffs.
Rogue - Still the best melee dps. Now you can shroud of stealth and be nearly invisible everywhere. Corpse retrievers.
Shadowknight - Great pullers, fantastic off-tanks, great group tanks, lifetaps in this era make them fun and fearsome. Hybrid tanks love POP.
Shaman - Canni 5 is game changing. As are their top level spells. This class is simply overpowered in a group, and solid on a raid. Main shamans can be bored like enchanters on raids, but they are still needed.
Warrior - The best tank just gets better in pop where high DPS mobs with less life mean warriors evasive/defensive are even better.
Wizard - Where this class lacks in group sustainable dps (its better than velious, much better!), makes up for in ridiculous burst damage. When 7/10 pop fights are short bursts rather than long sustained fights, this class shines.

As you can see, there are no dogs in this race. In my opinion, pop nearly achieved class balance unlike any other expansion. As we make our way to POP, you'll see where hybrids and utility classes finally catch up to the core classes.

Writing this made me want to play all of these classes now.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:00 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodbam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So i uncheck .net 3.0 and reinstall it?
If it's already checked then you should already have it. Maybe something else is causing your error.
Closed Thread