Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 03:41 AM
Skeleton

If anyone needs help getting this working on a PC, just PM me.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are really only 6 people involved in the project.

Cavedude, who is also working on PEQTGC, and splits his time between the 2 servers, does not get involved in anything but coding (does an awesome job)
Robregen, who is also working on PEQTGC, and split his time between the 2 servers, does not get involved in anything but the DB (does an awesome job)
Secrets, who is also working on x other projects and split his time between all those, does not get involved in anything but coding, sometimes does some GMing(does an awesome job)
Torven, who has been doing most of the work since the project went beta DB wise, does not get involved in anything but DB and Parsing (does an awesome job)

Atri, who has been doing a bit of work on the webpage and account creation page, takes every bug report as a personal criticism, deletes posts from the forums, and got into fights with people on the forums in alpha. Has been invisible since beta launched.

Speedz, his only purpose since Beta launched has been creating a toxic playing environment. You are very welcome to proof me wrong and quote any other work he has done since beta started. He is also the only GM in charge of the community. There are 2 other GMs (Tiny and Zawayne), one of whom is never around while the other has been observed single pulling mobs on his GM character for his regular characters. This has also been reported to Speedz but apparently there were no consequences.

I know this project is going to keep developing on the technical side, there are some very bright and promising people working on it. On the people side of things however, things are looking very bleak. I am having a hard time motivating myself to "fight" my injust ban when all I have to look forward to is more of the same in the future. The guy cant even post a Poll Thread without looking completely biased, shooting down valid points and calling them "off topic" when they don't fit his narrative.

It is basically one person being in charge of everything that doesn't involve Code, and that's bad news for everyone, not just me

seems pretty easy to get along with them for me. maybe you should learn to criticize and shed light on things in a more positive way? people that run emus do it for free. They dont need to tolerate things and they dont need to be fair or unbiased. That being said the best course of action for anyone playing on one is to not be even slightly douchey.

my pappy always said, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar
Old 02-18-2015, 12:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seems pretty easy to get along with them for me. maybe you should learn to criticize and shed light on things in a more positive way? people that run emus do it for free. They dont need to tolerate things and they dont need to be fair or unbiased. That being said the best course of action for anyone playing on one is to not be even slightly douchey.

my pappy always said, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar
As someone who was involved early on in this server as in pre-alpha.

Im pretty sure a lot of the GM issues boil down to speedz feels the need to micromanage the entire server. That combined with his mood swings due to his cancer is a toxic combination for anyone in change of player relations.

The other thing is they are making false claims about hacking based on tools that are reporting false positives. right now if you assist someone that is out of range it will target them and flag you as using macro quests unlimited targeting but, instead of realizing that this is broken they go around threatening pet classes for having macros with "/assist <tank>; /pet attack".

Speedz has effectively created a culture of fear no one wants to confront him because he loves to swing that ban hammer if you do not agree with him. At the same time the devs will swing the rhetoric of go create your own server while toting that they want to preserve Al'kabor. Where in they have pretty much done the opposite if Al'Kabor was to be recreated it's true form GM intervention would be very minimal. At times i get the feeling like speedz is trying to sell himself to the community as king shit but, all he really does is break things and make up weird rules.

The only problem I have had with this server is that its come down to the players vs the GM's on every little decision. There is only an illusion of a community its really people being forced to play here because no one actually wants to run a server except those that are mentally unstable.
Last edited by jetviper21; 02-18-2015 at 12:33 PM..
Old 02-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are really only 6 people involved in the project.

Cavedude, who is also working on PEQTGC, and splits his time between the 2 servers, does not get involved in anything but coding (does an awesome job)
Robregen, who is also working on PEQTGC, and split his time between the 2 servers, does not get involved in anything but the DB (does an awesome job)
Secrets, who is also working on x other projects and split his time between all those, does not get involved in anything but coding, sometimes does some GMing(does an awesome job)
Torven, who has been doing most of the work since the project went beta DB wise, does not get involved in anything but DB and Parsing (does an awesome job)

Atri, who has been doing a bit of work on the webpage and account creation page, takes every bug report as a personal criticism, deletes posts from the forums, and got into fights with people on the forums in alpha. Has been invisible since beta launched.

Speedz, his only purpose since Beta launched has been creating a toxic playing environment. You are very welcome to proof me wrong and quote any other work he has done since beta started. He is also the only GM in charge of the community. There are 2 other GMs (Tiny and Zawayne), one of whom is never around while the other has been observed single pulling mobs on his GM character for his regular characters. This has also been reported to Speedz but apparently there were no consequences.

I know this project is going to keep developing on the technical side, there are some very bright and promising people working on it. On the people side of things however, things are looking very bleak. I am having a hard time motivating myself to "fight" my injust ban when all I have to look forward to is more of the same in the future. The guy cant even post a Poll Thread without looking completely biased, shooting down valid points and calling them "off topic" when they don't fit his narrative.

It is basically one person being in charge of everything that doesn't involve Code, and that's bad news for everyone, not just me
This x100.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

more people banned last night for bs that the gm's dont wanna lose face about. play here at your own risk. its like epicemu sleeper all over again.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:39 PM
Skeleton

Speedz has been nothing but helpful and patient in all my encounters with him.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

i haven't had any problems, seems like people are out to sabotage.. wonder why? If you don't like it don't play there.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagmarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i haven't had any problems, seems like people are out to sabotage.. wonder why? If you don't like it don't play there.
pretty much what it seems like to me.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

save face for what? I find it hard to believe they are banning people for no reason.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:14 PM
Orc

5 people got banned because someone logged on their account. That someone got banned because the people who run the server farm gave the tak admins an ultimatum that they had to ban him or lose their server.
Closed Thread