Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 08:01 PM
Aviak

Just returning the favor
Old 03-27-2015, 07:24 AM
Kobold

Well, while we are returning favors, I'll point out a few things.

Nag and Vox are supposed to flee. They not only flee on Live, (and I can find no evidence their stats have changed) you can see screenshots and discussion of a PoP era solo kill here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200307311...cID=4161.topic
http://web.archive.org/web/200307062...t=101&stop=120

Notable quote: "There was issues of the location of th dragon's corpses, these dragons not unlike pretty much everything else in EverQuest runs at 10%"

Furthermore you can view his Vox kill log and get a good idea of her casts.

Respawn times on Cauldronbubble/boil being 6 hours is intentional and based on this thread: https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...p/t-63211.html

The ferocious hammerhead shark wanders the patriarch room. He (apparently) spawns in that little room then swims up and wanders the patriarch room. AK captures had no NPC in the small room. see http://members.tripod.com/ms_9ball/kedge.html and http://eq.magelo.com/npc/411398

Beastlord pets should not be as strong as necro pets until perhaps Kunark. Necro pets are some of the strongest pets-- only mage earth pets tank better. Low to mid level beast pets actually suck. I literally parsed every 1-65 pet on Live for 3+ hours each minus some of the mage ones since they have so many. I have precise values for Live that match old web pages quite well. See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Zu1xUHSgsZL9U/ http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/view...php?f=30&t=519 http://samanna.net/eq.general/pets.shtml
Old 03-27-2015, 07:44 AM
Aviak

Malignant Dead 39 33 Warrior 1000 39

S/o Yekan 39 31 1500 40

From your link, bst pets actually have more hp's at pet level 39.

Naggy and Vox leashes and running are the issue...Sony never intended for a dragon to run out of a room, ch and reset....this is a bug and we fixed it.

Vox has only the spells on her table she should have....not the entire cleric default list.

"Respawn times on Cauldronbubble/boil being 6 hours is intentional and based on this thread: https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...p/t-63211.html" - ours is 6hrs as well....didn't touch it

Also...we fixed double attack code so it mimic's your parses.....right now from lvl 1-30 mobs are double attacking far greater than they should be. Expect a push to git within the next week of this.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

whats this server's website ? That OP one looks dead as hell.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circa. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hmm not sure what you mean by dead as hell. there are active posts going on now and the latest server update was 2 days ago
Old 03-28-2015, 01:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharhog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From your link, bst pets actually have more hp's at pet level 39.
When I was parsing beast pets, I had to symbol them on a cleric just to keep them alive. In contrast, the necro and earth pets did not require it.

The big difference between beast pets and the others are the terrible dual wield/double attack rates they get pre-49. However they are also not on par with necro pets defensively. The level 39 tier is the most favorable classic tier between the two classes. (incidentally my data shows a much narrower hp gap) A level 8 necro pet however has more hp and hits harder than a level 8 (9 on live) beast pet. A 34 shaman pet has slightly more hp than a 30 beast pet. The 49 summon is 2 levels below the necro pet, hundreds of less hp, and less damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharhog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naggy and Vox leashes and running are the issue...Sony never intended for a dragon to run out of a room, ch and reset....this is a bug and we fixed it.
The error was the hate wipe and full heal, not the fleeing. I had Speedz remove the hate wipe and heal portion of the scripts.

The default spell sets do not include every class spell and spells on them are restricted by level range. The only really significant inaccuracy is that our Vox is casting Reckoning instead of Retribution. Vox on Live also casts Reckoning instead of Retribution however. Logs confirm she does cast small heals.

Vox casting a few roots (which I put large recast times on) is hardly a major issue. I removed yaulp eons ago. Vox may or may not cast cleric AoEs, I don't know. I put 120 second recast times on those regardless. I do recall some cleric NPCs casting AoEs.

Quote:
Also...we fixed double attack code so it mimic's your parses.....right now from lvl 1-30 mobs are double attacking far greater than they should be. Expect a push to git within the next week of this.
Great. If all it took was Speedz banning you to get you and Stairs to contribute, then perhaps it was for the best after all.

I can't help but notice the irony of being laughed at for not noticing errors we imported from PEQ when you at the same time import those same errors from TAKP.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circa. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a shit way of doing things. Until you log in on those forums you see very very little in terms of active posts... similar to going on a guild's website.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great. If all it took was Speedz banning you to get you and Stairs to contribute, then perhaps it was for the best after all.
Just quoting this so you don't delete it.

That statement is ridiculous, get a reality check

The developers of Project 2002 were by far the biggest contributors to TAK, and will probably be for a very long time.
Last edited by apio; 03-28-2015 at 12:07 PM..
Old 03-28-2015, 02:05 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just quoting this so you don't delete it.

The developers of Project 2002 were by far the biggest contributors to TAK, and will probably be for a very long time.
What's more silly is you both are arguing about a project that is supposed to be a community project. I'd rather see both projects contribute and have only the contributions matter. I'm also appalled that there was drama to begin with. I'm in regular contact with Speedz and he's not this villain that you make him out to be. Likewise I've had nothing but good interactions with Arm and Hammered during the initial launch of the server. Yes, both sides lost their temper at times (like this forum post) but to split my baby into two servers is a bit insulting on both sides.

You both have contributed in your own ways. Stop the fucking bickering. EQMac was one server, one community. And it certainly didn't appeal to the P99 crowd when I started this project; I did it for ALL players, not just one group of them. For the longest time there wasn't even GM interaction on SOE's Al`Kabor. Maybe it should stay that way.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 03-29-2015, 02:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What, you mean aside from these people: http://www.takproject.net/forums/ind...oject-team.19/

I specifically said Wharhog and Stairs, because they were hanging out in our dev-only chat room telling your guild everything we were discussing while having stopped contributing (Stairs in particular) because Speedz made them mad one day or something. On top of that Stairs was posting in this thread on an anonymous account badmouthing us and the server. (if it's not Stairs, it's a close associate of his at the minimum) When they were removed from the channel they of course threw a fit. I delayed Speedz from booting them earlier simply because I thought it better to put up with some bullshit rather than lose potential contributors, but eventually he had enough.

Yes, when only considering the feedback-giving regular users, several Armed members were at or near the top of the list for contributors (perhaps you at the top). You were not 'developers' for TAKP though.

I even said in IRC what a shame it was that you couldn't get along with us better because your contributions were significant. Speedz doesn't like it when you bad mouth devs for disagreeing with them, what can I say. I didn't want you banned and tried to stick up for you, then you pasted our private conversation for others to see, which made me think twice about being candid with any of you in private.
Closed Thread