Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Aviak

Centaur seemed a lil better than aviak for me 27+, seemed to get more higher level centaur than aviak. I would suggest staying till 30 though at least, if you can manage 32. I went to OT at 28 and it was a pain to get things to land so super long kites and with longer kites more chance for error causing even longer kites and sometimes deaths. You can bind right up from the water on the outside of the outpost wall. OT is golden up to 44 and really the peak of bard swarming imo. Plenty of mobs and it goes fast. I dodged all sabretooths/rhinos/sarnak as their hit range seemed to be much higher than cockatrice/cactus although they were doable it just seemed like unneeded risk when you already have 30+ cockatrice/cactus and are getting 50%+ a kite.

Can't wait to see some videos, was never able to get fraps to work really myself =/
Old 06-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I need to get one of those hehe...
Ditto

I came to OT at 29, and it has been nasty. For some reason, I am a little bit laggy there and have gotten popped a few times. I am going to come back to SK and go at it until it all greens and/or I get my frickin Quillmane cloak.

Also, bard brethren, we need to have a "Who kited the biggest" Contest. I pulled 50+ mobs in SK one night at 3 am when there was only me and one other character in the zone. The problem with SK, is it is limited on the number of spawns, and it takes like 20 minutes to grab them all. I want to see someone go for the gold with all the mobs in OT.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I need to get one of those hehe...
I soloed mine at 47.

My method:
  1. Take Upper Guk to location #4: zone to LGuk Live Side.
  2. In LGuk live side, invis song to Dead Side in NE corner of live LGuk map.
  3. You will arrive in LGuk dead side at location #12, the gargoyles.
  4. Either lull passed the gargoyles or kill them. Clear the area by DoT tanking (lute/hymn, drum/slow+3dots -- 5 song twist). Lull to ensure you are only pulling 1 garg at a time. Killing them is safer and a piece for the lambent BP will probably drop if you don't have that already.
  5. Head east out on the bridge. Lull any blue/LB frogs on the Ritualist ledge (location #13 on dead LGuk map). Be careful of the 2 frogs guarding the north side of the bridge, you might consider lulling them as well.
  6. Turn south at the fork in the bridge towards Ass/Sup room (location #14).
  7. In the tunnel area between the bridge and the ladder up to ass/sup, kill any frogs there via the DoT tanking mentioned above.
  8. Use neat camera tricks to work a camera view up into Ass/Sup without you getting into LOS for aggro. Lull the frogs and pull down the left spawn. DoT tank it in the hallway you just cleared.
  9. Repeat the lull/pull with the back, and then the right spawn.
  10. Just south of the ladder to ass/sup, there is a small alcove. This alcove is 100% safe to sit/regen/camp in.
  11. The respawn time is 28min. If you get bored/want a bit of exp, go downstairs from the ass/sup by taking the ramp to Lvl2 on the dead LGuk map. Down there, find a single spawn/patrol and DoT tank it in a safe location.

For the camp, I would keep the hallway south of the bridge cleared and then kite (yes kite without selos, you are snaring, right?) the ass/sup room mobs down there. You will get hit less and there is only 1 pat there for you to take care of. I believe its 5 mobs: 1 static in the hallway, 1 patrol in the hallway, left-ass (always trash), back-ass (supplier or PH), and right-ass (assassin or PH).

My song line-up for DoT tanking was:
  1. Invis
  2. Hymn
  3. DoT1
  4. DoT2
  5. DoT3
  6. Slow/Snare
  7. Lull/pacify
  8. Mez

Also, hide/sneak work down here, so practice those if you haven't been already. It's nice to know I'm invis to undead when I go afk during this camp.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

I am pumped to try this Falkun. Thanks for the guide. I would publish it to the wiki, but I have no idea how to.

Go Go Bard Forum!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

And you had invis song memmed...are all the frogs around the ass/sup room undead?
Old 06-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

I used invis song for the LGuk live side. I think I swapped it out for charm song when I was sitting at camp, but if you do it right and pull with lull, you shouldn't need charm.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am pumped to try this Falkun. Thanks for the guide. I would publish it to the wiki, but I have no idea how to.

Go Go Bard Forum!
I don't think its worth publishing to the wiki. Its a real niche task. The hardest part was figuring out how to get to ass/sup camp around that damned bedroom area with the live bats, undead frogs, and the darkbone skellies. Once I figured out how to get to ass/sup via the live side (which skips that whole "live/dead in the same area" debacle), it was really easy. The DoT tanking is my standard dungeon solo method. I know a few bards that use charm to great effect, but I'm not one of them. I still have a lot of practice to do in that department.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Okay, I was wondering why no charm up. Thanks for the info dude, your wisdom is very appreciated here.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

I just hit 40 last night, able to do two levels every hour if I am the only bard in OT. I was thinking about trying City of Mist. I remember some bard posted that they were aoe kiting in there and I was wondering if any of you pros have tried that. It could be really fun I think. I am going to try it later tonight. Hit me up if you want to go check it out also.

Tewaz
Old 06-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Has anyone tried Emerald Jungle? It seems like it could be the next OT, I will let you guys know.
Closed Thread