Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there's no hybrid penalty on that new server can we have run speed AAs and LDoN added? They were all in classic zones so it wouldn't take patching expansions.

Thanks... oh and beastlords were fun werent they? We can do it without cats this time? Thanks.

(I think its either classic or a pandora's box of stuff that only a minority want to see)
Except that what you just sarcastically responded with are real and noticeable differences to the game. The experience penalty is something that very few people knew of prior to SoE coming out and talking about it, and even less understood (and still understand). If the experience penalty was removed from the start it would have no noticeable impact on the feel of the classic game, other than some people up in arms because something (that has no impact on them) is different.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Simply it wouldn't be classic though. Can you pretend to not be aware of the penalty?
Old 08-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you pretend to not be aware of the penalty?
I tried pretending I didn't notice it on my Troll/SK.... didn't work!
Old 08-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
If there's no hybrid penalty on that new server can we have run speed AAs and LDoN added? They were all in classic zones so it wouldn't take patching expansions.

Thanks... oh and beastlords were fun werent they? We can do it without cats this time? Thanks.

(I think its either classic or a pandora's box of stuff that only a minority want to see)
There's already lots of non-classic stuff. PVP server has this whacked out resist system

Getting QoL changes early wouldn't do anything but improve the game.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My SK is 57 (dark elf)... hard to imagine it being any slower :/
Old 08-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by am0n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the experience penalty was removed from the start it would have no noticeable impact on the feel of the classic game, other than some people up in arms because something (that has no impact on them) is different.

forgive me if this comes off as rude, i just don't understand the reasoning.

a programming team already thought this out and implemented it on a live server ~15 years ago. are you suggesting the devs fix it one way for blue and then change the fix on re99, even though it has no noticeable impact?

why would someone be motivated to do such a thing? i'm honestly curious.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

If you don't like a hybrid with the penalties, odds are you won't like a hybrid without them. Hybrids aren't for everyone. The penalty stinks so much because it makes things drag out when you're not particularly having fun in the first place. Case in point: You don't see many folks complaining about the Iksar Monk experience penalty, although its combined 44% penalty is greater than the stock 40% penalty assigned to a hybrid.

Danth
Old 08-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't like a hybrid with the penalties, odds are you won't like a hybrid without them. Hybrids aren't for everyone. The penalty stinks so much because it makes things drag out when you're not particularly having fun in the first place. Case in point: You don't see many folks complaining about the Iksar Monk experience penalty, although its combined 44% penalty is greater than the stock 40% penalty assigned to a hybrid.

Danth
That's probably because 1) monk is insanely good class 2) iksar regen is absolutely nuts

A half elf ranger or paladin has a 40% penalty for no real reason. There is nothing amazing about the class that warrants the penalty. Rangers actually suck in a lot of ways and are never going to get much better on this server because they don't really get their due until Luclin AAs.

Super early EQ warriors and rogues both sucked and hybrids were basically warriors but way better so the devs put that penalty in + because of D&D influences.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarukShmaruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Super early EQ warriors and rogues both sucked and hybrids were basically warriors but way better so the devs put that penalty in + because of D&D influences.
They never really fixed warrior afaik. Shitty one-trick pony class design. All EQ tank classes are a pita to play between the below room temperatue IQ douchenozzles howling about "OMGXPPENALTYNOHYBRIDSINGROUPKTHXBYE" and the numbwits who can't cope with using the available tools for agro control.

It ain't playing the Warrior, Paladin, or Shadowknight that sucks, regardless of agro issues and XP penalty stupidity in the game mechanics. It's playing a group-dependent class when the pool of potential groupmates is way overstocked with morans clinging desperately to unimportant shit that has nothing to do with having a good time in-game.