Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Kobold

Default Raiding on Project 1999

Before I start this, just let me say I am all for competition and these are my opinions not really those of my guild.

While I was at work this morning at 8am EST, I recieved a text message that Vox was up. I thought to myself shit there goes another one I wont be able to participate in. Then an hour later I get another one saying Naggy was up. There goes yet another one.

So I go on throughout the day thinking hey well theres a couple others still due over the weekend so maybe we can get something...

I get home and log in to find out every raid mob is down and none will be in their window over the weekend. Then im back to work on monday, and with the way things are going all the raid bosses will spawn at all wierd hours of the night and morning preventing me or most of my guild from even attempting it.

It seems to me that only one guild is getting most of the mobs. Every once in a blue moon another guild will get lucky and snag one. In my case we got Naggy when the servers came back online, lucky for me it was on a friday and I stayed up until 5am to help. The other time we managed to get one we had to make an entire guild effort to camp one zone for days on end (Vox) to make sure we had 15 in the zone at all times when she spawned.

Is this really what the majority of the server wants to deal with? Raid alerts at 5am on weekdays to try to get a raid boss? Camping for multiple days? If so then ignore me but if not why dont we try to come up with some new ideas. Because IMO the current spawn variance is not working.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Fire Giant

Don't get offended, but this is how it was on most servers. It's kind of a nut up or shut up deal. Put in the effort and get the reward. Clearly one guild is putting in more effort than the rest.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Fire Giant

Default ..

so would you have made this post if vox and/or naggy had spawned in your playable hours?

Some of us have no jobs, live in our mom's basement, and never ever take showers. We need this please, we have nothing else!!
Old 04-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Kobold

If the mobs actually spawned at differant times giving all time zones a fair chance then no I would not have posted this.

But in my experiance. Every boss ive killed I had to stay up until the early morning to kill said boss.

Why is it that most of the spawns happen at such wierd hours? Ever since spawn variance was implemented the bosses have been spawning in the wee hours of the night and never at a normal time for people that live in the US and actually have jobs.

Maybe I have just been unlucky, but if thats the case I have been unlucky from Day 1 because like I said ive never killed a raid boss at normal time. Always early in the morning.

Perhaps add a greater chance of spawning at a certain timeframe within the said spawn window. IE if a boss is killed at 1pm, then make it so there is a good chance he will spawn between 5pm and 10pm the next time, then 12am and 5am etc. This way every guild no matter what time zone has a good chance of something spawning in their play times instead of having to alarm clock raid in the middle of the week.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsho
IE if a boss is killed at 1pm, then make it so there is a good chance he will spawn between 5pm and 10pm the next time, then 12am and 5am etc.
This still wouldnt help. The problem isn't the spawn variance. The same guilds would get the mob. It's even MORE likely that they would, knowing the window that a mob is going to spawn. The problem here is effort.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Sarnak

They didn't spawn at weird hours today. Some people sleep, other people have jobs, other people spend their afternoons larping or being furries. No matter what happens, someone is going to complain it's not in their playtime.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:24 AM
Sarnak

why not just setup a rotation if so many guilds are missing out??

otherwise, just get more hardc0re, yo.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Kobold

That would be fine if it was 1 or 2 mobs that spawned at a wierd time. But ALL of them spawned between 7am and 12pm EST today...

That is one time zone getting all of the mobs.

I really dont mind spawn variance but IMO it needs some tweaking to prevent things like this from happening. For instance if a Naggy had spawned tonight at around 8pm cst. Perhaps IB would not have killed him because other guilds would have enough people online to make a run for it. Same goes for other bosses.

I have nothing against IB, they have enough people to raid at any time which is great for them. This is why it seems like one guild is getting most of the mobs. We can move just as fast if something would spawn during our normal play times but since they dont it makes it very difficult to compete.

Rotation is not the answer. There are too many guilds and too few bosses to set up a rotation without having guilds waiting for weeks for their turn. The system we have now is great if we can just tweak it so that the bosses actually spawn at random times instead of all at once.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Fire Giant

There was a rotation. And that wasn't good enough either.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Fire Giant

If one guild can mobilize at odd hours, why can't you?
Closed Thread