Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 02:49 AM
Aviak

Default Trakanons Teeth Latency issues?

I noticed there is a bug thread about this in the bugs section of the forum..can anyone give any insight into why this is happening? every other zone is perfect but as soon as i zone into TT my ping goes up to 6k+MS??
Old 12-09-2013, 03:53 AM
Banned

Welcome to Project 1999. Land of "if you're not merikan, fuck off"

Not once has a dev answered to it.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:02 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

I believe this is an ongoing issue in the bugs forum, one min and I'll dig up the post

*edit* well you made that easy haha, I guess the only thing I could suggest is Nilgbog's post from in the bugs thread. I had this problem as well probably in July which was one of the last times I spent an extensive amount of time in Traks Teeth (I live in teh US/just outside Chicago) was very laggy zoning in and out and running around the zone; zoning in particular from ej to TT took very long compared to the zoning before and after Traks (as in 30 seconds for me to zone elsewhere but 5 minutes to zone in or out of TT). The latency in zone was also an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

Someone who has this issue:

-Download Wireshark.
-Before you zone into Trakanon, start packet collecting.
-As soon as desync happens, stop capture.
-Save in wireshark as whatever.pcap

It is important to note the time that it happens so we can investigate.

You can email it to testing.p99@gmail.com
Last edited by Laugher; 12-09-2013 at 04:09 AM..
Old 12-09-2013, 04:30 AM
Aviak

Im in AUS but ive heard this problem affects others not in my region also. Ive tried everything i can think of but i just cant zone into TT without my latency jumping through the roof and being DC'd.

My bro who also plays here with me on Red99 also experiences the same issue and he is on a totally different connection from me. To test this we both zoned in together and within 10 secs our latency had skyrocketed and we could not cast spells or zone out without being DC'd from the client.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Kobold

common and unfixable issue.

everyone once in a while, some crackpot comes up with some solution, possibly involving hoodoo, which miraculously fixed their TT, but other people replicating that solution is ineffective.

i haven't been to seb in about a year, since my last few lagtreks through TT got me killed, resulting in an impossible CR. i had to give my details to a yank in order to get my body ressed and out of there.

i think a reasonable temporary fix is to implement a zonein to seb in the NW corner of Skyfire, since the TT issue doesn't seem to be going away.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

They have a better chance fixing monk epic graphics than this problem

Old 12-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome to Project 1999. Land of "if you're not merikan, fuck off"

Not once has a dev answered to it.
I'm a merikan (although only barely; I'm a Californian) and I have issues with Trak too.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Annihilator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
common and unfixable issue.

everyone once in a while, some crackpot comes up with some solution, possibly involving hoodoo, which miraculously fixed their TT, but other people replicating that solution is ineffective.
It's an issue with its own variance.

My crackpot solution worked for me - I've had tells in-game from multiple people that also got it to work using the framerate fix. So, "un-fixable" is completely inaccurate.

It's probably easier to just blame the developers rather than exploring your own solutions, though.

EDIT: For the OP, not the blathering naysayer - check the "Maximum Framerate" setting in your video options while in-game. If this is set to 60 or above, bring that down significantly. Mine's currently set at 29. Log out, log back in, verify the setting change was saved and see if TT still desyncs for you.

Instantly cleared up TT for me - that's been my bind spot for half a year, and you can bet your ass if I was still getting desynced I wouldn't put up with that every time I died.
Last edited by Spitty; 12-09-2013 at 02:07 PM..
Old 12-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Kobold

How exactly does changing max framerate settings fix a latency issue? The problem isn't graphics lag, it's that you lose connection with the server.

Anyways, yeah I live in NY and the TT desync happens to me all the time (although I haven't been in that zone in months). Surprised it hasn't been fixed yet, should be a pretty big priority. Afaik this has existed for years.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

I realize that - I experienced the shit-fest that is TT for fully eight months before trying that fix, and it worked. I haven't had a *single* problem moving through TT, which I do anytime I gate, for a long time.

I've had desync issues where my client is clearly running at a higher framerate than the game world (i.e. I'll cast and my animation completes in 2 seconds for a 4 second spell) so there could be a disconnect there.

If you're asking me why exactly it works, you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm just saying that I had the fucking issue, what I did as a fix fucking worked, and to fucking try it because maybe it'll just fucking work for you too.