Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always Disliked zerg guilds. I know that tmo fe ib etc whatever don't rely on numbers but that people come to them.

I just remember on live it was a disgraceful thing and youd be laughed at regardless of what you took down
the Biggest zerg i saw was from the guild Science of war in sh server, they bindrushed rallos zek in tactics with a total of 247 players . zone was so unstable he pit figth took almost 40 mins .

the best thing gms did was implement a limit on raid numbers and flags after that .
Old 01-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who cares rolf , you realy think u can influence people here?we talking about how to set rules in a emulated server based in a videogame wich started in 1999.

u cannot make happy everyone , they will bitch they will moan they will cry because thats how MMo community has turned over the years .

the feeling to achieve soemthing colective either be with a group of 6 players to a raid with 80 dudes is lost.

the casuals will cry for free pixels, the hardcore will cry because they cannot compete .

there is not a fucking sollution to this problem . probably at some point Gms will side with whatever make biggers numbers on their server because its like has been ever .
This dude is either drunk or trolling. Go take this over to RnF, would you?

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 01-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This dude is either drunk or trolling. Go take this over to RnF, would you?
im not either drunk or trolling.

what im saying is no matter how many threads will post, how many ideas people will still moan and bitch .

u will not be able to get everyone happy , people keep posting and posting, at the end i doubt all will realy fixt the rift btw casuals and raiders .

i realy doubt casuals let slip this chance and raiders will moan and cringe till the last of them fall dead but the fact is .....

this is everquest .
Old 01-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the Biggest zerg i saw was from the guild Science of war in sh server, they bindrushed rallos zek in tactics with a total of 247 players . zone was so unstable he pit figth took almost 40 mins .

the best thing gms did was implement a limit on raid numbers and flags after that .
I've heard of some pick up raids doing RZ with over 300 something like 375 but that's just rumor. It was done with a few hundred though. That encounter was a challenge.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard of some pick up raids doing RZ with over 300 something like 375 but that's just rumor. It was done with a few hundred though. That encounter was a challenge.
i will try to find you the forums and logs ,after that zerg Brenloo and Pugigi pushed the limit flag per mob and the raid limit feature lowered.

it was hugue controversial because while they did kill rallos zek u could seee naked people running to pit and dying to mobs to try to get the flag cuz rezzers have alot of bodys .and GM lead Pugigi removed the flag of everyone,
Old 01-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

I'm seeing more threads hitting around this issue, and that's a good thing. http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=133770

The basic problem is that you have two drastically different playstyles, and the only way to make them both viable is to completely segregate the populations under two different plans.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Kobold

Well reasoned post.
The answer (as history shows) is to find another game. It is precisely these 'flaws/features' that other subsequent MMOs 'solved/changed' and why people left EQ for greener pastures.

A part of me understands the hardcores. They can and desire to devote more time to EQ than those who choose (it is a choice) not to do so. Original EQ raiding is more suited to their play style than to the casuals.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I don't know what happened during my break, maybe it was the drugs, but I find myself agreeing and liking people I used to hate and couldn't stand.

Bravo sir, bravo.
I find myself saying this more and more recently :-p

(Just getting back into the Game after a very long break, excited for a new change of scenery)

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 01-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Fire Giant

I still like the idea of doing a "Draft" at the beginning of the month to decide which guild can kill which raid target...that way guilds can concentrate on killing when their numbers are strongest and don't have to rely on 2am batphones or leaving their kid in the bathtub on a pop because pixels zomg. Oh yeah and the 40 hours of sitting at a spawn point hitting "track....track....track....track.../suicide".

Then the other half of the month the other guilds can do their FFA train fest.

This way those who play the game to try and get character advancement and to kill mobs they never got to on live get a chance. And the ones who like to track for ungodly hours can do that the other half of the month. If the FFA guys want stuff that bad, then maybe a little bit of development time can add some fudging on the drop % for the second half of the month. E.G. in February days 1-14 trak guts have a drop rate of 35%. Days 15-28 they drop at a rate of 50%. That way the FFA is still better than the rotation, given the increased difficulty.

But what do I know, I just work and drink alcohol a lot.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Fire Giant

Velious and undead bard would solve that problem. We are 1.5 years past the point that it would have been implemented.

Dolic
Closed Thread