Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's with this ridiculous "I disagree with you, therefore you didn't play EQ in the old days!" pathetic excuse for an argument? That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I played from 99 (some months after the game launched) to 02 and then from late 03 to 04. So because you don't personally know me and/or I didn't play on your server, I... didn't play at all? Can anybody in this entire community participate in a discussion without vomiting retardation like a complete imbecile? Unholy fucker of mothers, there's no hope for these people if they ever have to rely on intellect for anything in their lives.
Because you change your mind in every other fucking thread you participate in, is why people dont listen to anything you say...

E.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
anyway you don't need an effective 100 in a resist in order to resist spells pretty regularly. 50 or 60 will make you resist a plain spell easily a fifth of the time. Considering a warrior can get 170 unbuffed MR pre-Kunark, you're the one who's full of shit when you claim that these spells were virtually unresistable at the time.
Please Reread what you wrote about 1-2 pages back, then read your own quote here... Then take a huge deep breath..... Now reply with a straight face how utterly unintelligent you are...

You sir, clearly NEVER played Classic to any extent...

Your arguements are null and void..

Again we get it, you want to playa pure melee/hybrid.... and make casters null and void when you achieve "your" 50-60 in resists, so you can "easily" resist spells 1/5 of the time. While all along focusing on getting over that 100 mark so you can strut around as a walking juggernaut... We get it...

Coincidently this is nothing towards favortism to casters, its quite the opposite as I will not be maining a caster when Red99 comes out. (will be using one to farm thats for sure!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Last edited by Kringe; 10-14-2011 at 06:04 PM..
Old 10-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Kobold

I am not sure what all the bitcheness is about in this discussion. Kringe thanks for your point of view. Your reasoning looks pretty solid and logical. I didnt play classic EQ pvp. To all the haters, one suggestion if your going to attack someones post it's best you actually have counter point and not just some waaah about whether the person is well known or not.

Its interesting how some people are so terribly concerned about their character sucking at the end game. As you said Kringe the majority of the server is not going to be end game geared for at least 4 months provided nothing gets changed concerning xp rate. I rather play a class that is better sooner then one that shines at the very very end because quit frankly we dont know whats going to happen in 4 months in terms of population. Even then if your so concerned about being resisted I would suggest that person plan on becoming friends with a class or classes that can debuff that resist for them.
Last edited by tbox; 10-14-2011 at 06:06 PM..
Old 10-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kringe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets see..

Kringe
Orc

God-King Abacab
Kobold

Bockscar
Sarnak
Nothing to see here move along..
I have well over 3k posts if you count my banned accounts, however maybe 5% of them actually pertain the everquest the remaining 95% is basically comprised of internet meme, hate threads, and generalized bitching.

My complaint is 99% of your forum posts pertain to the video game like a nerd.
Last edited by God-King Abacab; 10-14-2011 at 06:47 PM..
Old 10-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Banned

The complaints are in response to decisions for the server based off the input of people who don't know what they're talking about. Or even worse, the ignorant majority listening to said people and cannonizing it as fact.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
It's pretty pointless to discuss something with someone who doesn't read the arguments and just makes up imaginary statements that he can argue against and "be right."
You've got some hardcore projection going here as you're thoroughly guilty of essentially everything you're complaining about. In fact, you actually initiated it.

You started off by failing miserably at an appeal to authority, proceeded to make a series of completely unqualified statements and nonsensical logical leaps before finally resorting hair-splitting semantics to revise all the silly things you said before turning into a blubbering, angry mess at the end there.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Banned

Man, posting about eq pvp in the pvp forum. What a dick head. You're right.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Banned

pre kunark i ran around with 100ish fire and 120ish cold resist and while nukes did less damage it was not some huge amount, might shave on average 60 - 80 damage off of a 400 damage spell. 150+ was when resists started to be real noticeable and even then you would take near full a lot and when a partial kicked in you would still usually take 60 - 70 percent of the damage you would have otherwise taken, the gap between 100 and 150 was noticeable but not huge.

most nukes with a secondary component such as a debuff or stun resisted much more, my wind series was essentially worthless as soon as people started getting resist gear/buffs
Last edited by Darwoth; 10-14-2011 at 08:34 PM..
Old 10-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Aviak

My recollection is in line with Darwoth's... even @ 170 CR I seriously doubt you were sitting there taking Ice Comets to the face until a wizard was oom with nary a care in the world. In fairness I don't recall having ever had 170 CR back then, but how many did?
Old 10-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
If you believe that 170 CR made little difference and that resist rates for nukes aren't decent until 200+, it's your memory that should be questioned.
Actually, your memory is what I question. That's exactly how I remember it. I played on a pvp server for 3 years on Live. The difference between MR and the other resists was huge. As a mage I had some really good resists. With Elemental armor and resist gear along with circle of winter and summer my resists were pretty solid. I still cringed when I saw a caster (other than mage, you can outrun their big spells pretty easily). Wizards had lures which sucked for the recipient (resists were useless against them), but even druids and the faster, smaller mage fire spells would land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Closed Thread