Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

Default Roses are Red, Violets are Blue

PVP servers are red,
PVE servers are blue.
If you play to beat other players,
Perhaps red is for you.

I know some red players don't want to hear this, but I have a message for all of you 'hardcore' blue players.

Blue servers are PVE servers, Red servers are PVP. If you think you are 'hardcore' and your Everquest experience involves beating the other player(s), go to the server that is designed for it. If your experience revolves around beating encounters (which is what the cough, 'casuals' want to do), play on PVE server.

Think about it objectively. The energy spent is towards getting FTE vs another guild, or beating another guild to a spawn point. Having more loot than another guild. Getting more raid kills than another guild. Getting something done before another guild. Stopping another guild from doing this or that. Everything you do revolves around beating the competition. On a PVE server, this should be the E.

Please quit calling yourself hardcore on a blue server, it is entirely relative and subjective.

Whatcha think, any validity to this, could a real argument be made?
Last edited by h0tr0d (shaere); 01-04-2014 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: Question?
Old 01-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Sarnak

i'm going to keep calling myself hardcore and there is literally nothing you can do to stop me
Old 01-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeziyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm going to keep calling myself hardcore and there is literally nothing you can do to stop me
Well said, but there is nothing preventing you from being wrong also. Or me for that matter. And I did say please.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Kobold

thanks 4 Shaere
Old 01-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I did say please.
ok u got me there i'll stop
Old 01-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know some red players don't want to hear this, but I have a message for all of you 'hardcore' blue players.

Blue servers are PVE servers, Red servers are PVP. If you think you are 'hardcore' and your Everquest experience involves beating the other player(s), go to the server that is designed for it. If your experience revolves around beating encounters (which is what the cough, 'casuals' want to do, play on PVE server.

Think about it objectively. The energy spent is towards getting FTE vs another guild, or beating another guild to a spawn point. Having more loot than another guild. Getting more raid kills than another guild. Getting something done before another guild. Stopping another guild from doing this or that. Everything you do revolves around beating the competition. On a PVE server, this should be the E.

Either way please quit calling yourself hardcore on a blue server, it is entirely relative and subjective.

Pretty real argument here..

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 01-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know, I kind of think that everyone who plays EverQuest on a 14 year old rule set on an emulator is kind of hardcore. But that's just me. I think most people here would be hardcore in a game like WoW. It's just that hardcores are not a homogenous group, and when put into a hardcore game, you have the hardcore of the hardcore become the hardcore, and the less hardcore of the hardcore become the casual. Of course, then you have the hardcore on the pvp, so you have the hardcore of the hardcore of the hardcore, while pve is more casual, so you have the casual of the hardcore of the hardcore, and the casuals on the pve are the casuals of the casuals of the hardcore. Similarly, the casuals on the pvp are the hardcore of the casuals of the hardcore.

Fun stuff, huh?
Old 01-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

The real reason people don't like the idea of playing on red? Nothing is easy. Pixels don't descend from the sky...
Old 01-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Blue servers are PVE servers, Red servers are PVP. If you think you are 'hardcore' and your Everquest experience involves beating the other player(s), go to the server that is designed for it. If your experience revolves around beating encounters (which is what the cough, 'casuals' want to do, play on PVE server.

Either way please quit calling yourself hardcore on a blue server, it is entirely relative and subjective.

Blah blah red blah blah blue blah blah carebear blah blah I want attention blah blah small penis blah blah.

Next!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real reason people don't like the idea of playing on red? Nothing is easy. Pixels don't descend from the sky...
Isn't this what the 'hardcore' guilds are accusing the 'casual' guilds of wanting during proposal wars?
Last edited by h0tr0d (shaere); 01-04-2014 at 10:00 PM..
Closed Thread