Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default OMG everquest!!

Hey everyone! I just found project 1999 while i was mindlessly surfing the internet. Now i'm waiting for my copy of titanium to arrive! Can't wait to slay some "a skeleton" again! havent played live since just after gates of discord. Anyway if anyone has a low level toon and wants to break some jaws together i'll be loading up and making a toon in about 2 weeks! Happy Hunting Norrathians!!

P.S. How far is the server along in terms of expansion? Velious?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Fire Giant

Project 1999 is up to Kunark at the moment with work on Velious underway. Beyond that this server will never release content (Though I have heard rumors Nilbog once debated a "Project 2001" of sorts that would go up to Luclin or PoP and offer toon transfers/copies. But hell if I know)
Old 03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Kobold

Kunark.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natakaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey everyone! I just found project 1999 while i was mindlessly surfing the internet. Now i'm waiting for my copy of titanium to arrive! Can't wait to slay some "a skeleton" again! havent played live since just after gates of discord. Anyway if anyone has a low level toon and wants to break some jaws together i'll be loading up and making a toon in about 2 weeks! Happy Hunting Norrathians!!

P.S. How far is the server along in terms of expansion? Velious?
P99 is currently at Kunark. Velious isnt gonna come for awhile yet, so u'll hv plenty of time to level up before it does.

Try to make ur toon at gfay/BB or Freeport area. Groups can be found in Oasis. Qeynos area might be a little deserted though.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Class Ideas?

I was thinking Halfling Warrior for old time sake, but i'm interested to hear suggestions!

Also .... does Bard kiting still work?
Last edited by Natakaz; 03-13-2012 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: wanted to add more
Old 03-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Bard kiting works*. I managed to level L19-46 in about 1hr/level.

*Swarm kiting (charming a mob and having the pack blow it up) does not work due to a difference in aggro mechanics on this server

*Mob hit boxes are larger on this server than Live, so you will need to learn the P99 method of strafing/turning to manage to be in PBAoE range without being in melee range.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

After some research I'm thinking Dwarf Paladin / Gnome Magician. Perhaps wizard
Old 03-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Paladins are rare on this server, and leveling tanks are almost even more rare. Magicians are a dime a dozen. Wizards and magicians are almost expected to solo for much of their leveling career, while a good paladin will probably receive group invites before he's even completely loaded into the game (especially true while leveling). Good luck in whatever you choose!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Paladins are in short supply? what unholy blight has fallen upon Norrath?! Fear not citizen I'll smite the evil that lurks in the hills and dales! Brell be with you

(i'm gunna make a pally if you can't tell, and i have a RP habit)
Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Something about a 40% exp penalty, no large racial choices, and the smaller tool-kit than their knightly brethren the Shadow Knights leads to a shortage of one of my favorite EQ classes (my EQLive main was a pally if you check my sig). The good news is this makes pally gear dirt cheap and the class is still incredibly powerful for groups. I can't wait to get my baby pally up to levels where groups really start taking off. He's going to be a beast.
Closed Thread