Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

I am saying I disagree with HB regarding his previous stance on variance.

Pretty sure he didn't play on a PVP server either (on live), so by your own previously stated viewpoints that opinion wouldn't be valid to you either, yet you keep linking it. I could be wrong though.

Funny part was he changed his mind before joining Nihilum and got on the simulated repop bandwagon if I recall.

Regardless, your constant attempts to somehow get us to turn on each other or something is pretty transparent. We're both grown ups and semi-pro FQers. Ain't gonna happen.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Banned

Checkraise changes his mind every other day. It doesn't make the argument any less correct. Address the points the argument makes.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A repop randomly when you know all the raid targets up is exciting.
So juts make the spawn window big enough to make it pretty much random?

Sweet!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Fine.

What happened on EQ live means shit here, not even worth talking about. Let alone what happened on an EQ live blue server 15 years ago.

Second, I disagree with the assumption that the only reason you could be anti variance is you don't want to make it harder on Nihilum. I don't want to make it harder on anyone, including potential competition.

For the last time man, there are better ways to do this then forcing people to poopsock. There isn't anything else I can really say on the matter...you have your opinion of what will happen in a variance situation and I think the complete opposite. Both of us have talked about this subject to ad nauseam. Nobody wants to see me post in another one of your variance threads again, and nobody wants to see another one of your variance threads.

At this point, we're just rehashing the same pointless drivel. We need the staff to come in and say one of 3 things:

1. We're still considering it (i.e. keep debating)
2. Its going to happen
3. Its not going to happen
Old 07-23-2014, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So juts make the spawn window big enough to make it pretty much random?

Sweet!
A random independent repop where all targets come up simultaneously with a serverwide warning is a pretty big difference from variance dude. D- on the troll.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Not that it matters, but the reasons I "supported" variance at the time no longer apply. The server pop was half, Nihilum was raiding with fewer numbers, sim repops didn't exist, and Nihilum members were threatening to quit over it. It was a way to grief Nihilum into quitting / giving up, and thus strengthen my own guild. Aka it was a selfish argument not based on lasting server health, but based on momentary gain for my own guild. I was also building my guild to be a poopsocking pve guild who could stand to benefit / exploit variance as opposed to a small crew of pvpers who would get wrecked by variance's requirement that you zerg [see: blue]. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Lite just doesn't want to run into 50 nihi and get shit on. PvP server amirite.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Banned

whatever HB wrote, I did not read.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lite just doesn't want to run into 50 nihi and get shit on. PvP server amirite.
Would you want to run into 50 neck beards zerging 2 years straight foaming at the mouth over 7th alt bis? I wouldn't shit does not sound fun keep raging ass clown.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Banned

Why is lite obsessed with hb comments?
Closed Thread