Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Kobold

Default F9 x 4

So...

Who else plays with this camera angle lol? I don't remember when I started, but it was EARLY in my eq career...best angle ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Always have to ALT+pgUp, then down to make it not zoom in though!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Aviak

Send a message via MSN to fwaits

In EQ, first person for the win! Well ok probably not when kiting, or in certain raid situations when you need to see a large field of view, but for general play EQ had the best first person view. Many MMOGs now are not playable in first person at all due to their perspective field of view.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

I use the custom camera views for odd targetting as well as for max vision in some dungeon areas. Comes in really handy sometimes. For normal play, its 1st person though.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 08-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Kobold

Only for incriminating screenshots of rogues hugging nuts and catching aggro - otherwise, 1st person.

I've stared at a lot of boss shins and knee caps.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

F9x3 or F9x4 is my perpetual camera angle...except for more precise scenarios such as dungeons, then it's first person.

I constantly scan around me for potential adds when kiting, so...
Old 08-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

I have that one and first person hotkeyed to F9 and F10. That view I used almost solely on my necro in Live.

My keyboard setup is almost never, ever default.

Funny thing was - for somethings... I just KNEW where I had them bound to the keyboard in EQLive as I would automatically reach for them without a thought.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Fire Giant

I'm always reallly really surprised at how many folks play in first person. The only times I ever go into first person are to hit U to interact with an NPC under a floor, or to get a screenshot of something.

I use F9 x 3, rather than x 4, but that's really just because it's an easier habit to always hit f9 3 times to switch from one view to the other, there's really no difference between the two.

Yes, when you log in you have to alt up, but it stays that way until you close your eq client out completely. When I log out i /camp server and leave the game at the login screen.

I really got into the habit while killing mammoths in everfrost on my shaman. You can't look around for roaming greens very well in first person and still med up. I've got environmental audio these days so I could probably get by in first person, but it just feels too restrictive. Gotta keep your head on a swivel!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohan445 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to attract others in this season's eye, then the Christian Louboutin Shoesplus Pandora Jewelry will be your best choice. But if you have Zumba Fitness DVD, P90X, or Insanity Workout DVD fitness video these three materials, you will become this season's most dazzling sexy goddess
idk about you guys, but this is the best camera angle.

Jeice - Gnome Necromancer
Winkyfeet - Halfelf Bard

Disclaimer: Not to be confused with the ranger Jiece, who seems to have incorrectly spelled my name.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk about you guys, but this is the best camera angle.

Agreed! Especially the "Sexy Goddess" angle. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

I play 98% of EQ in nothing but f9 x3 or x4 depending on where im at.
If anyone has any room to grief, its Rogean. Nuff said.

P1999 Custom Desktop Launcher Icons
Closed Thread