Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 01:08 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Beta Update

Beta has been patched with some important changes that need to be tested. This includes a new system on the backend which will allow us to better tune spell specific information appropriate for the era that each server is in, without running different file sets.

Since this system has been implemented we have been able to start working on spells. Many velious spell changes are now implemented or will be implemented. This includes Disciplines.

Please head on over to the Beta server and test things out, report any issues noticed. If there are issues with spells that are still present, please bump any relevant bug reports.

Also please test death / corpse looting, and no rent items, as there were some changes for those as well.

For the time being we will need to run separate files for the Beta server, until these systems are tested and can be pushed to the live servers.

You can download the required files for Beta from here:
Edit: Patch files no longer necessary

Thanks!

Previously Updated - Velious Beta Buff
Beta Buff is now available on the Velious Beta Server.

This will copy a level 60 character template over your existing character. Your character's level, race, deity, skills, spell gems, spell book, and other necessary information will be overwritten. All items in your inventory (Worn and in immediate inventory) will be deleted and replaced. Items in your bank will not be deleted, so place items there that you would like to keep. Coin in inventory or bank will also not be changed. Faction values that you have gained or loss will not be changed, however your actual factions may be different due to the change in race and deity from their base values.

To use the beta buff, you will need to copy over an existing character from live or red as usual (/beta command). Once on Beta, see the Velious Beta Banker NPC in North Ro, and ask him to [beta buff me].

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Last edited by Rogean; 07-18-2014 at 11:07 AM..
Old 05-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Banned

Need us to test item looting you say

Go on
Old 05-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

FYI, I haven't logged on to Beta since this patch. It's too annoying to shuffle the multiple patches around and I tried having two copies of EQ and it still complained about my patch files.

Seeing as how beta is once again at 0-1 player status most of the time, I'm guessing other people are making the same decision.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 05-27-2014, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

TMO raids once a week on beta, so we testing slowly

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 05-27-2014, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FYI, I haven't logged on to Beta since this patch. It's too annoying to shuffle the multiple patches around and I tried having two copies of EQ and it still complained about my patch files.

Seeing as how beta is once again at 0-1 player status most of the time, I'm guessing other people are making the same decision.
I haven't had a problem at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I do have two separate copies of EQ installed... though you said that's not solved your issue either

Odd indeed
Old 05-28-2014, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this, I havnt touched it since the change :/

is there anyone smarter than me that can suggest the best way to have the two separate directories

I have 2 EQ directories right now after just 1 install for P99..... for some reason, one is normal C drive path program files yada yada

but my other is the weird hidden folder in the path of App Data, Users yada yada that holds all my log files/screenshots and some of the individual character UIs

do I need to copy both? pretty confused about this
Old 05-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

1. Let's say your normal install directory is:

C:\Everquest

Simply make a copy of that entire folder and paste it where you want your new directory to be. I just threw it back on my main drive and renamed the copy something like:

C:\EverquestBeta

2. You can then copy your desktop short cut, but you have to go into properties and adjust the file path to what ever you named your new beta install:

Target: C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme
Start In: C:\EverQuest

becomes

Target: C:\EverQuestBeta\eqgame.exe patchme
Start In: C:\EverQuestBeta

3. Install the beta patch into your new BETA directory. This will allow two separate installs without having to redo other patches each time you want to switch back to blue/red or beta.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

understood that part but was unsure if I had to copy that 'hidden' folder I described (Filepath is: C- Users- Computer name- ( hidden folder) App Data- Sony- EQ- Voila )

its where all my logs, screenshots etc are stored so I assumed I would need them for the beta server

any thoughts about that?
Last edited by Erati; 05-28-2014 at 11:22 AM..
Old 05-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Shouldn't need logs/screenshots, but if it has UIFiles or what not those might be important.

If you still have the discs/iso, just reinstall to a fresh directory imo, so it is all self contained in a single directory.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shouldn't need logs/screenshots, but if it has UIFiles or what not those might be important.

If you still have the discs/iso, just reinstall to a fresh directory imo, so it is all self contained in a single directory.
yea I have been avoiding doing an entire fresh install for this but I believe its the only option

ty Ele
Closed Thread