Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Banned

/sign
Old 09-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never boxed. Do you have any proof suggesting I have? Also, you do realize your suggestion of buff boxes does nothing to facilitate the forming of groups? You also stated it was lame in conclusory terms without stating the reasons behind it. Thanks.
Did I specifically say "heartbrand is boxing"? Did I say it has anything to do with grouping? No I did not. It was an superior alternative to boxing. If you read what I said, I did give a reason, which is I shouldn't be pigeonholed into doing cause someone does so.

You're grouping point has nothing to do with this thread, it's about boxing, not grouping.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

/Signed

Bullseye- Ranger God's Work
Godspeed- Bard God's Work
Old 09-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

This whole post should be a nogo. Start crying for a wipe again. Or variance. This is te same toxic group's flavor of the month. 30 days we will be back to variance threads. Pop is thriving up to 240 last night. Just cut out the toxic and they will come.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgalur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did I specifically say "heartbrand is boxing"? Did I say it has anything to do with grouping? No I did not. It was an superior alternative to boxing. If you read what I said, I did give a reason, which is I shouldn't be pigeonholed into doing cause someone does so.

You're grouping point has nothing to do with this thread, it's about boxing, not grouping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgalur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing is lame it always has been. The people who are vocal about it are the ones doing it anyway. Instead of forcing everyone to box, add a Buff bot in each home town.
So, first you state the people being vocal about it are the ones doing it anyway. I've never boxed. Stasis has never boxed. Nirgon has never boxed.

Boxing and grouping are absolutely related because the suggestion of boxing is to help facilitate groups, which is what is direly needed.

Your reason for why it's lame is that "it forces everyone to box." But yet I don't see how it forces everyone to box. I would rarely if ever box other than perhaps to port. I wouldn't feel the need to do so whatsoever. I've played on servers such as LoZ with boxing and never boxed myself, but grouped with those who did. At no time did I feel I had to as well.

Thanks for trying though.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

I'd like to be able to heal my alt's group with my cleric. Win/win for everybody.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 09-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, first you state the people being vocal about it are the ones doing it anyway. I've never boxed. Stasis has never boxed. Nirgon has never boxed.

Boxing and grouping are absolutely related because the suggestion of boxing is to help facilitate groups, which is what is direly needed.

Your reason for why it's lame is that "it forces everyone to box." But yet I don't see how it forces everyone to box. I would rarely if ever box other than perhaps to port. I wouldn't feel the need to do so whatsoever. I've played on servers such as LoZ with boxing and never boxed myself, but grouped with those who did. At no time did I feel I had to as well.

Thanks for trying though.
Wasn't even implying you boxed, I just decided to post in your thread about it cause that's the latest post on the subject.

Boxing and grouping are not synonymous as they entail too entirely different things.
Grouping simply means to group with others for bonus experience. Boxing means to open pandoras box, meaning everything you do in this game will have to revolve around boxing. You'll have to box just to pvp, just to level, just to buff, just to raid and just to play the game cause everyone else does so. I've seen what it means to allow boxing on other games. It turns into a requirement, doesn't make the game any more fun. It changes the game into something it's not.

Are you implying if boxing was endorsed, it wouldn't make others feel the need to do the same? Ezserver is a good example of my point. You can't just go there and expect not to box. It's a suggested requirement and it would be over here too if GMs made it legal. Ironically, not everyone wants to do that.

Yep nice try indeed.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Banned

no boxing
Old 09-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Aint gona happen, lets not waste time with this shit. I would like it to happen though, but only if the server was wiped.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Wasn't even implying you boxed, I just decided to post in your thread about it cause that's the latest post on the subject.

Boxing and grouping are not synonymous as they entail too entirely different things.
Grouping simply means to group with others for bonus experience. Boxing means to open pandoras box, meaning everything you do in this game will have to revolve around boxing. You'll have to box just to pvp, just to level, just to buff, just to raid and just to play the game cause everyone else does so. I've seen what it means to allow boxing on other games. It turns into a requirement, doesn't make the game any more fun. It changes the game into something it's not.

Are you implying if boxing was endorsed, it wouldn't make others feel the need to do the same? Ezserver is a good example of my point. You can't just go there and expect not to box. It's a suggested requirement and it would be over here too if GMs made it legal. Ironically, not everyone wants to do that.

Yep nice try indeed.
So your argument essentially is, "ive seen boxing in other games so therefore ill conclude it will have a similar impact in this one" cool story. luckily there's some of us here who have actually played eq pvp on these servers with boxing enabled, and are therefore able to give a glimpse of what it really is like.