Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Fire Giant

Default Kunark Beta server progress

I know i'm going to get the "we dont talk about Kunark" thing that people like to say, so i'll say this in advance: stfu i dont care

Kunark Beta server has been up for a little while now, and I dont see too many people in there too often. So how is it progressing? I'm not interested in a date that Kunark will be released. I just want to get an idea, because my older brother who lives in New York (i live all the way in california) loves EQ but doesnt want to play til Kunark comes out due to the (terribly bad) hybrid penalty on his fav class, the Ranger.

Which brings me to my next point. Will the hybrid penalties be lifted when Kunark is released? I actually remember them taking the penalty off prior to Kunark, after SOE actually apologized for the penalty saying it was failed policy and didnt make any sense lol

Asher
Old 01-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Sorry to tell you this but I dont think it was until after Velious was launched that the penatly was ever removed for the hybrids, and I think at the same time they added a bigger group bonus per person.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

I am going to search high and low for this but I am almost certain it was Kunark. I played a pally on live and people were talking about this when i was leveling my main in Karnors, which would have been just after the launch of kunark.

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 01-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Long as the main P99 server is up, the Beta server won't see any real numbers...until maybe Seb and/or VP.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 01-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

If you look through my old posts i linked to the letter of apology that Verant (spelling?) made to us lol

it should have a date on it.

Asher
Old 01-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Aviak

As i remember the -% exp penilty was not lifted in Kunark. I was a paladin on live and i remember it still being in when i was exping in Dreadlands.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkforge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As i remember the -% exp penilty was not lifted in Kunark. I was a paladin on live and i remember it still being in when i was exping in Dreadlands.
yeah your right, I just read every patch note from Kunark launch to about 2 months into velious and nothing mentioned about the xp penalty being lifted... which isn't the best news for anyone playing a hybrid now.

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 01-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Aviak

Yea i just looked it up myself, Sorry man, if you friend wants to play in kunark, with no xp hit. Better play a rogue or warrior =D
Old 01-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

I don't care about the kunark progression right now, I just wish the server could be taken down for the update it sorely needs.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Skeleton

I don't really care about an estimation of when it's going to be out, but how long in advance will we know? Am I just going to log in one day with kunark being up, or are we going to get a one or two week notice?
Closed Thread