Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 02:37 AM
Orc

Default So, let's clear the air, a message from your friendly Dark Ascension Shaman

To kill the rumor-mill and confirm some things for you guys, Saturday afternoon Dark Ascension was prohibited from engaging major raid targets for a week. This was put in place by the Project 1999 staff as a result of one of our members being caught using third party programs to 'track'. I am not posting the details of how it was discovered, as I hope the method CONTINUES to be employed to find people using these programs and remove them from our community. The offending player was permanently banned by the p99 staff. Were he simply suspended, he would be removed from the guild upon the suspension being lifted. Neither this server nor Dark Ascension has any place for people using third party programs, who are, to be clear, cheaters.

I would like to say well done to the GM staff on this. I don't say this ironically or facetiously. I mean it. It is nigh impossible to detect people using these programs and whenever it is done I tip my hat in response. The penalty also fits. Anyone using those programs needs to be gone, for good. While many of our members are not thrilled with being punished for the acts of one member, the penalty to us is appropriate as well. It sets a good precedent for the server in that when you do these things, you are not risking just your account, but also the right to play unrestricted on this server of your friend and guildmates.

It is my understanding that as a rule the server staff does not discuss a ban or suspension with anyone but the offending player. Furthermore, our members are discouraged from getting involved or starting any forum thread that will inevitably degrade into a flame war. The current situation, however, warrants a response both on our end and as reminder to the community as a whole the ongoing efforts the GM staff go through to curb this nonsense as much as humanly possible. And, just in case it wasn't completely clear from the previous paragraphs as well, this kind of behavior is not tolerated in Dark Ascension.

Some things to note:
I am not a Dark Ascension officer, though this post was OKed by leadership. I post here with the full expectation that replies will get this post moved to R&F, but I figured it was important enough that folks that opted out should at least have a brief chance to peruse it. You will not get a response to replies on this thread; if you want to discuss things in game with me, feel free to shoot me a tell, though I won't give any more explicit details than I already gave here.

Happy farming.

-Jayko
50 Shaman, Dark Ascension
www.darkascensionguild.com
(Yes, I always type this way, even in game.)
Old 11-28-2010, 02:40 AM
Orc

First!

Hacker scum.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:45 AM
Sarnak

So DA's public response is that they had no idea this was going on.

That's pretty bold, considering the entire server has known exactly what's been going on for several weeks now.

I guess zerglings believe what they want to believe, provided there's a chance for (undeserved) loot.

Personally, I think the entire guild should be disbanded, and all leadership IP banned. Choosing to believe DA's excuse of ignorance is practically criminal negligence.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:55 AM
Sarnak

Sadly this does not suprise me. Theres some good people in DA but unfortunately about 90% are the same type of person like who just got banned. I dont quite understand why those good people put up with this lack of knowing whats going on in their guild by the officers and im sure theres quite a few who knew what was going on, dont worry, their time will come as well becuase eventually those few good men/women will weed you out and let you be known to the GM's. Try and keep a better watchful eye on your guild next time please and yes I understand it's hard to watch 100+ people who log on only twice a week but thats your problem.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:00 AM
Fire Giant

Default ..

seems odd the leader or at least an officer wouldnt be the one making this post, and just some random member.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:09 AM
Fire Giant

Nice damage control, but I find it hard to believe durison didn't know about it considering his track record.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:09 AM
Banned

Default Seems odd..

Gwence posting here....haha the irony?

Is your suspension over yet?
Old 11-28-2010, 03:13 AM
Fire Giant

It's actually fairly easy to hide from guildmates that you are using these programs... though things get suspicious fast. But when you get to a target first, all is forgiven. If the guild leaders didn't know, they would have at least suspected.

Either way, others will be using them. Good thing for me is it doesn't affect Emperor Crushbone...
Old 11-28-2010, 03:23 AM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Honestly, we had no idea brawhs.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Sarnak

It's funny how people think a whole guild has a hand in something that one person does. Very rarely does a whole guild know anything the officers do, they don't like pass out a memo to app's and people joining.
Closed Thread