Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

stormhowl, you should hook up with cyrano, you guys would get along great
Old 07-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Aviak

I love RPG games. I can understand how strange it can be to some and scary to others. It is like acting, your playing a part. I have a wood elf that loves nature and likes to help people out when he can. On the other hand, my Iksar hates all softskins but tolerates those that speak Lizardman or Dark speech, and wants them all of his land, especially the humans and elves that have come to his peoples shores to claim the land as their own.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Aviak

So if a human speaking common was soloing in OT for example, as you pass by would you tell him to get off Iksar land? If you did rp that, and the guy responded with "Ok, here's 1k pp to let me pull mobs for the next hour without bothering me.", would you refuse as it would be in character to hate and not trust them?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
stormhowl, you should hook up with cyrano, you guys would get along great
I don't know who that is, I don't know why I should care, and I don't understand what that has to do with the thread's topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandeX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if a human speaking common was soloing in OT for example, as you pass by would you tell him to get off Iksar land? If you did rp that, and the guy responded with "Ok, here's 1k pp to let me pull mobs for the next hour without bothering me.", would you refuse as it would be in character to hate and not trust them?
I don't see this deserving of an answer. You use probably the most outlandish, unlikely, and silliest example that clearly paints your argument with a huge amount of bias that shows your believe that you think RP is silly, outlandish, and the product of a mentally unstable mind.

Use a more realistic example.
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 07-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Aviak

Default A strange night in Freeport

It was a cool day tuning to evening at the docks. The sun was setting to the west of the great city of Freeport which cast a bizarre light over the town, for Freeport faced east over the Ocean of Tears aptly named for all of the adventures who died there. The sound of the ocean waves mingled with the faint sounds of merriment further back in the city. Had anyone been there they would have been startled to hear a great duo splash not far off the peer. Slowly climbing out of the water was a pair of unlikely figures coughing and sputtering to clear the salt water from their mouths. The first was a man of average height wearing a robe which automatically signified a scholar of the Wizardly profession. He wore his hood up and yet you could see a telltale sign of a mark or brand on his neck of some strange symbol. His eyes were a paradox as anyone could see that he was blind. His only sight now belonged to his magical powers through an Eye of Zomm. Stranger yet was the second walking on four legs and a fur coat of shinning grey silver, a wolf by anyone’s sight. The wolf sidled up to the wizard and allowed the hooded figure to reach out a hand and rest his hand on the soft smooth coat of the wolfs back. A few more weezzes , a shake of the wolfs mane and striding forward the canine led the blind man forward between the buildings made of ramshackle wood buildings of the fishing town.

It was not long before they encountered the watch, men in red and silver plate mail with helmets shaped like spires. “Halt!” cried the burliest of the three guards. “In the name of the Freeport Militia and Captain of the guards state you’re Name and your business!” Both figures ground to a halt and turned to face the Guard. The other two guards looked apprehensively at the silver wolf as if worried it would pounce. “I am Acillatem of the guild Vesica Dei, my companion and I are looking for an Inn for some Ale and board as we have traveled far and are in need of rest.” The lead soldier seemed to soften his gaze as he realized when the robed man had turned to him that he was blind from the vacant seemingly stupid roll of his eyes. The guard considered that he had heard of this group of adventures of which was said on most occasions to be honorable except for the rumor of one called Trampoline a rogue of questionable character. He then relented. You will find the Freeport Inn just down the south alley. The wolf immediately set off leading the Wizard off in the indicated direction. The Wizard smiled in secret as the guards gasped quietly at this seeming odd behavior. A most unusual pair thought the Captain.

The street was dirty and quite as the pair reached the INN and Acillatem opened the door. An engaging smell wafted out of the room with the smell of Ale and fresh baked bread mingled with some animal roasting on the spit. “Greetings my good man” cried the Bartender wearing a well worn apron and huge smile. He was dark haired and pale skin of one who is constantly indoors. The room was about half full will strange people of many races, Dwarves, Elves, Humans and even a Gnome sitting on the bar as he was too short to sit at the stools. “Ale and a room for me and my companion good innkeeper.” Without a second thought the man placed two mugs on the wood oak bar and slid them to Acillatem. He reached for his pouch and placed a few silver and gold next to the mugs as payment. He placed one mug on the floor and reached for the other. Acillatem lifted it to his lips and began to drink and raised it still further as everyone in the Inn was now watching this blind man with interest. He raised it more until it was clear that it was empty and bringing it down again to place it on the bar. “Sleep, sleep is what I need…come I need to go to my room” His strange faraway look drooped and looked stranger still. The wolf who had barely lapped a drop moved under the hand of the Wizard. The Innkeeper pointed to the stairs next to the hearth that led to the rooms aloft.

The wolf stepped forth and the Wizard dutifully followed. The wolf began to pace ever faster across the room. The wizard was clearly having difficulty keeping his step and clung more firmly to the wolfs mane. Before anyone could move the wolf leaped forward toward the stairs and pulled the hapless Wizard off his feet as his momentum propelled him not up the stairs but directly into the side of the hearth with the meat still roasting on the spit. Acillatem slumped to the floor his skull clearly caved in. He jerked and twitched twice and then lay still. The brash noise of the atmosphere in the room came to a screaming halt and not even a breath of wind seemed to have the courage to make a sound. The wolf turned away from the body, made a great leap for the bar and in a blur that seemed to be made of jade and coalesced into a female with long flowing hair, eyes that sparkled like diamonds. She wore a Dark Green tunic with matching breeches. She was beautiful as any princess of the land. Dumfounded beyond belief the Innkeeper studied this new apparition and realized that this was no common wolf to lead a blind man but a Druid of great power. The Druid reached into her pouch and produced more coin and laid it on the table. “Ale Barkeep I am thirsty”! Stunned the Innkeeper reflexively reached for a mug and began to pour. “You killed him, a poor blind man.” He shivered. “Aye that I did damn his soul, never lets me finish my drink” The fire in her eyes was real and would brook no argument.

From the dark recess of the rooms corner table rose two figures one a female all in purple armor and clearly a servant of the order of light and the other a man of mid years in a flowing emerald green robe a sigil of the Enchanters guild. The Druid smiled a fiery smile and shouted a greeting “Eras! (looking at the man and then turning to the Cleric), Klyre well met!” Clear joy was on her face now to see what clearly she thought of as good companions. Eras clearly had a frown of disproval on his face. “Not again Jenithia.” “Yes, wasn’t it Senaiel last moon?” asked Klyre. The Druid laughed and scowled simultaneously which was a feat in itself. “He deserved it the pompas ass.” as she considers his corpse. “We just have come from the Plane of Sky where we almost die from his lack of patience and then he throws us off the edge before I have a chance to loot the booty.” The Innkeeper becomes bold enough to speak “But what about the body?” Klyre, Jenithia and Eras all begin to laugh at once at the Barkeep. “What?” he inquires. Klyre steps forward “Jeni does this all the time…..I will Rez him in the morning and he will be as right as rain.” The Barkeep considers… “But…but won’t he be spitting mad and Blast my poor Inn to dust?” Again the three companions smiled and Eras spoke “My good man he won’t remember a thing” He winked “I will take care of that” and the three retreated back into the corner where they all sat and began a conversation of high spirits, with a laugh heard now and again. “Barkeep more Ale” yelled Jenithia from the table. The Barkeep sighed and resigned himself to an interesting evening. He poured three Ale’s and walked from behind the bar to deliver his drinks and almost tripped over Acillatem. He regained his balance, considered and began to chuckle. “Ha! Interesting indeed” as he continued his pace with a lighter step across the room.

Just then, a broken and bloodied half-elven, half-human, all-fail woodsman burst into the inn through the swinging doors. Why, it was Yendor, the fragile ranger! T'was strange how no one had ever really seen both Yendor and the infamous superhero 'The Shoveler' in the same place at the same time. Surely, such a hapless, injury-prone guardian of nature could never be the alter ego for such a courageous and daring hero!

"I just nearly died foraging this rabbit meat!" he exclaimed to the group, holding up a chunk of dirt-covered bunny flesh as the swinging doors reached the fullest extent of their rotation and then reversed direction, slamming into Yendor and killing him instantly.

The remaining band of guildmates blinked their eyes and the momentary interruption, not fully certain what had just happened, and then turned back to their animated tales of that day's adventures in the Plane of Sky.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love Ninik.
I'll shank anyone who calls Ninik a freak for roleplaying, of course we will have to roleplay the stabbing and i'll need ur help in making this successful!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Aviak

Poor Ace.... I think you forgot to rez him Klyre, haven't seen him for weeks!

I enjoy taking part in a good story from time to time. With the right group of people it can be a load of fun. A passing comment in roleplay can turn into a good laugh.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Banned

i role play an abusive father who beats his wife and is an alcoholic who sometimes packs his butt crack with molasses and bits of cement

ding dong!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

IMO if you want to role play do it, people are going to enjoy it. If anything it will be hilarious, and shows a good sense of humor/creativity!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

I'm going to admit I've breached etiquette and I skipped reading the thread and am just going to say something without knowing if it's been said before. If so, I apologize.

Roleplaying is enjoyable if you do it right. By "right" I don't mean roleplaying undeniably how a soandso of suchandsuch race would act; I mean right related to people enjoying it. If you do things without any element of entertainment you will be viewed as obnoxious or embarrassing. If you do it "right" it will be welcomed and encouraged.

For example, one time in EC I saw this dude handing out buffs with two, rather long, social hotkeys for "/say loadofcrap loadofcrap %T loadofcrap" and "/say loadofcrap loadofcrap loadofcrap %T loadofcrap." it was embarrassing to even hear.

Or, if you are roleplaying a dark elf shadowknight who treats everyone like shit and you have no redeeming qualities, you will be obnoxious.

But, if you roleplay a silly troll shaman who talks funny and quasi-randomly makes funny emotes that have reasonable shock value, you will be praised. I remember once a troll just, out of nowhere, going behind a female character and "eating her hair."