Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to tell you but there is no way to survive in competitive raiding without being or turning into a douchebag.
I don't really believe that. It is completely possible to compete without becoming douches.

But there is a tendency for one clique to always view another as douchebags. So everyone is a douchebag. Group A things B are douches. Group B thinks C are. And Group D thinks the rest are douches. Ad infinitum, Ad nauseum.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

^ "A thinks B are douches."

And that's why people don't join the same guild.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuckin commies
lol
Old 06-19-2015, 01:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magifyre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is part of why I quit playing here, and also describes roughly 90% of the server.
98.9%
Old 06-19-2015, 03:11 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portsche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only two? Casuals.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to tell you but there is no way to survive in competitive raiding without being or turning into a douchebag. The only reason to keep separate guilds is some people just cannot be guilded with others no matter what. Also for truly competitive high end raiding guilds the boredom of no competition causes loss of interest. Its hard to log in if you don't need anything and know someone else is going to take care of the farming.

Sooner or later you look at where you are and no matter where you started you are in the same place as everyone else on that level. Believe me I know.

It is kind of like Politics an honest politician will never survive and any that start honest or naïve enough to think they can be honest fail or adapt. Show me an honest politician and ill show you a great liar.
tl;dr this game is boring as fuck and the only form of entertainment that it offers is neckbeard drama and griefing.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP finally figured out the truth: this isn't classic. But it's the best there is. Either you want to do the poopsock thing or you don't.

My opinion? Play till it's not fun and move on. So many games to play out there you can afford to move on once it's not fun anymore.

P.S. No grown adult enjoys camping mobs for 10 hours a day. If they had the mental capacity to move on they would.
Yes i did finally figure out the truth. sadly i didn't play in classic.

totally agree, p99 is more a on and off sort of thing for me...

nope at least i cant do it anymore, maybe if my kids were out of the house and not 7 months old and i was retired i could but na.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ignore this poster, forgot rampage in his acronym
rampage = TMO

maybe two guilds then .... one without the douche-bags and the other with them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what to name the other guild HMMM....
Old 06-24-2015, 08:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebobby3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes i did finally figure out the truth. sadly i didn't play in classic.

totally agree, p99 is more a on and off sort of thing for me...

nope at least i cant do it anymore, maybe if my kids were out of the house and not 7 months old and i was retired i could but na.

rampage = TMO

maybe two guilds then .... one without the douche-bags and the other with them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what to name the other guild HMMM....

my bad it was forsaken not rampage my bad my bad, CANT FIND EDIT BUTTONN AGGRRHHH ... and i just looked at the roster posted in the raid forums so if i left out some guilds MY BAD.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometime between 1999 and when this project was started EQ become more about bragging rights, greed and douchebaggery than about making friends and having fun....

Not classic.
You forgot the people who make a steady income off of RMT, as well as the guy from red who's been selling pixels for adderall. Oh yeah, I forgot, he "quit" for a while until the heat dies down. Wonder when there will be virtual hookers so fat poopsockers can finally get laid?
Arthos-Paladin
Old 06-24-2015, 08:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I recall (on live) that how raids worked depended on the server. Ours had a rotation and if you broke it, you were called out on the rant boards. Usually, that was enough to keep people in line. 99% of the time, guilds and leaders were happy to follow a rotation and few issues came up.

It really seems to depend on how people on the server communicate. I don't ever imagine myself to be a high-end raiding type person and figure there's more than enough content to keep people occupied from all walks of play.

I have spoken with and met (in game) some folks from the "uber" guilds and have always had a positive experience. I think it comes down to respect and how you interact with and speak to other players.

On one hand, I don't see non-uber guild folks ever getting epics, for example, because some of those harder/rarer mobs don't stay up longer than a few minutes, but on the other hand, I don't need an epic of "amaaaaazing gear" to have fun.

My experience on this server has been a positive one. Even those acting dickishly tend to show the nature of their better angels when push comes to shove. Consider me a glass-half-full (and also refillable) type of player.
Closed Thread