Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 10:09 AM
Kobold

Default why dont you all join the same guild?

so i was wondering ...

every high end guild gets raid suspended for messing up some other guilds raid ... or this guy from this guild logged in and aggroed this mob and this other guild was here first.

so why dont all of you join the same guild? like make one guild with all like 600 of you or something (600 including all the alts and your friends account which you guys totally dont share that information with each other) and raid everything? you could totally call it " Ataagbdadoldeiibkwsnosttmof " this being the first letter of every raiding guild on P99 more or less.

seems kinda silly that 14 years ago i was raiding these bosses and i dont recall the GMs suspending us for killing cetain bosses or being rdy to go for a boss spawn, or have limited ways to find and kill the bosses, it was all FFA.

we talked to the guilds that wanted to kill them and they pretty much said 'hey yeah go for it you need it more than we do' and they left, if some of their members stayed to help that was cool... of course i never saw the GM that popped up and suspended that guild for helping i dunno ignorance is bliss
Old 06-17-2015, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Why have 1 dkp in Guild X when you already have 7000 dkp in Guild Y?
Old 06-17-2015, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebobby3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so i was wondering ...

every high end guild gets raid suspended for messing up some other guilds raid ... or this guy from this guild logged in and aggroed this mob and this other guild was here first.

so why dont all of you join the same guild? like make one guild with all like 600 of you or something (600 including all the alts and your friends account which you guys totally dont share that information with each other) and raid everything? you could totally call it " Ataagbdadoldeiibkwsnosttmof " this being the first letter of every raiding guild on P99 more or less.

seems kinda silly that 14 years ago i was raiding these bosses and i dont recall the GMs suspending us for killing cetain bosses or being rdy to go for a boss spawn, or have limited ways to find and kill the bosses, it was all FFA.

we talked to the guilds that wanted to kill them and they pretty much said 'hey yeah go for it you need it more than we do' and they left, if some of their members stayed to help that was cool... of course i never saw the GM that popped up and suspended that guild for helping i dunno ignorance is bliss
This guy is on to something here.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

better yet why not join multiple guilds with all different characters and get 7000dkp in all of them!
Solo Kills
Old 06-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Large Rat

Sometime between 1999 and when this project was started EQ become more about bragging rights, greed and douchebaggery than about making friends and having fun....

Not classic.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurilax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
better yet why not join multiple guilds with all different characters and get 7000dkp in all of them!
I'm pretty sure Sirken (or Derubael) has mentioned previously about people in 2 guilds on the same account.

Would bet a good amount that's rife on the server...those people who log in just for raids that you never see casually for the rest of the week.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

Fuckin commies
Old 06-17-2015, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure Sirken (or Derubael) has mentioned previously about people in 2 guilds on the same account.

Would bet a good amount that's rife on the server...those people who log in just for raids that you never see casually for the rest of the week.
It makes sense to me that the character, not the player, is in the guild. I admit that is a perspective derived from the RPG origins of the game, rather than a modern perspective.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

ignore this poster, forgot rampage in his acronym
Old 06-17-2015, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Cuz some people don't wanna hang with douchebags.
Closed Thread