Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

It dismays me that people still harbor such misconceptions. Your main and off-hand swings were always independent, and the belief that a fast main-hand weapon reduced the delay of your off-hand is a silly myth. It never worked that way, people just thought it did. They also thought harmony gave mana regen and leaving a camp made it respawn faster.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

sorry man, that's not true.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

This discussion is pointless. I'm satisfied that the developers know the truth.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Root.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 06-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

sorry greatdane you aren't correct between live and here.... it is VERY different here than on live, it is just something that they couldn't replicate as classic apparently.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It dismays me that people still harbor such misconceptions. Your main and off-hand swings were always independent, and the belief that a fast main-hand weapon reduced the delay of your off-hand is a silly myth. It never worked that way, people just thought it did. They also thought harmony gave mana regen and leaving a camp made it respawn faster.
Have a read
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39361
Old 06-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

I'm amazed at the ignorance and persistence of some people. Anyone who played a dual-wielding class on Live and wasn't mentally handicapped could plainly see with their own eyes that your weapons swung independently of each other unless they had the same delay. It was a myth and a misconception in line with the belief that damage bonuses were native to the weapon rather than the character, which is why you'll find old posts on Allakhazam of people arguing that "no dude, my SSoY has 5 damage bonus!" and shit like that.

Are you seriously suggesting that using a Jade Mace in primary would make an off-hand Wurmslayer a 25/18 weapon, a ratio not otherwise seen until like seven or eight expansions later? Are you incapable of basic reasoning? Did you actually play a dual-wielding class for any length of time and fail to detect that your attacks would not be synchronized? Basic understanding of game mechanic rules out your belief, including the one where your main-hand delay would affect the proc rate of your off-hand weapon - procs aren't related to attack speed at all.

That isn't even remotely relevant to the discussion. The guy was testing the threat generation of individual weapon swings and the distinction between damage done and number of swings in regard to aggro. The person doing the study doesn't even dual-wield.
Last edited by greatdane; 06-20-2011 at 06:45 PM..
Old 06-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Aviak

Have a closer read, and in the forum within forum, they test on offhand agro using a no dmg/delay weapon in mainhand. Plus thread referring to warrior agro, thought i just toss this out there for you since you like to call people out and seem aggressive with your words.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Fire Giant

I know the threads you refer to. I read them back when they were current. They have no relevancy to this discussion, which has turned onto the question of whether your off-hand weapon delay is automatically the same as your main-hand weapon delay (spoiler: it isn't). The person doing the tests you linked to equipped a Cone of the Mystics in main hand, so how can it be used as proof? He was testing whether individual off-hand swings generated the same amount of threat as main-hand swings with the same weapon.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

greatdane... You keep saying things, I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

You claim that damage is what causes agro, the thread linked very clearly points out that agro is based on swings & the potential damage of the weapon. Not actual damage performed (in classic live, not here on p99). (In one test he does nearly 3x the damage of the other times he ran tests and it still took him the same number of swings to pull agro).

He's telling you you're wrong about the way agro should be generated and you're arguing that you're correct about dual wield (which you're right, hands are independent... but that's irrelevant).

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread