Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Orc

Default Shaman and FT items

Never played a shaman on live, spent most of my time on a bard. With Velious coming out soon (hopefully) I was wondering how important FT is to a shaman. I seem to remember a lot of caster types spending time getting the shawl and other FT items, that true for a shaman also? What kind of gearing changes did Velious create for shaman?
Old 02-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

only thing that matters is bear form BRO
Old 02-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Well it sounds like the first phase of FT will take only the highest.

Basically, for shaman, the only feasible FT item unless you poop-sock a lot, is going to be Shawl.

FT1 = Shawl, 4 items from Dozekar, Neck from 10th Ring Boss (Narandi), 2 items from revamp Cazic Thule (PoFear)
FT2 = King Tormax Head -> Yelinak
FT3 = Tunare Earring (may not be in at launch)

As you can see. Most of it comes from high priority targets, or targets you need a large raid to knock down. And there isn't much in the shoulder department that beats 7 STA/WIS and AC.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Shaman benefits from flowing thought for sure, if you can get the items they are probably worth it. That being said, shaman already has a large amount of mana recovery through rapid worn regen, torpor, and cannibalize, so each point of flowing thought is not as big an upgrade as say a cleric, who has sit regen only. As each point of flowing thought added for the shaman reflects a smaller % increase in mana regen than other classes that are ballanced around not having self mana regen, like clerics and wizards.

Would I spend weeks working on tradeskills for a shawl on a shaman? I personally would not. I would probably just get a http://wiki.project1999.com/Strength_of_the_Elements or equivalent and do something more productive with my time, like sleeping or playing checkers with homeless people.

If you enjoy tradeskills, knock yourself out, but be warned, if you are not a true neckbeard you will probably quit the game or get banned before you finish farming all your cat pelts.

Baking: 127
Brewing: 168
Fletching: 168
Jewelcraft: 162
Pottery: 162
Tailoring: 208
Old 02-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

`do something more productive with my time, like sleeping or playing checkers with homeless people.`

or come around to my house and ill beat your ass at Stratego!

tehre any groupable HP regen items in velious? I cant think of one.....maybe in western wastes......cant imagine any dragon living more than an hour there tho!!

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Last edited by blondeattk; 02-02-2014 at 04:02 PM..
Closed Thread