Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 04:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a good friend irl 4 yrs ago who killed himself. He was a young, talented, funny, smart, good-looking person who had lots to live for - wife, kids, good job... but suffered from depression and money problems. We worked together for 3 years and shared lots of laughs. He seemed fine to me at the time, but in retrospect it wasn't fine.

I don't think these are troll posts at all. And even if they are I don't care. Would rather be trolled and laughed at for caring than see anyone feeling like this and do nothing. If you aren't fucking made of wood remember what it feels like to be hopeless and/or alone at some point in your life.

Anyone encouraging a person to just go for it and off themselves are fucked up in the head, probably from never having a real friend in their lives. I feel bad for you but it's no fucking excuse. Grow up.
Sometimes suicide is the only way out. There are people out there who just can't win the battle against their personal demons. Emotional suffering can be extremely tough.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt you're too dumb to be in the military.
I've thought this since I first read that comment and the single thing that makes me hope this is a troll. I know people in the military...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novoselic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes suicide is the only way out. There are people out there who just can't win the battle against their personal demons. Emotional suffering can be extremely tough.
When you say sometimes, it's more like extremely rarely. Like I said previously, often a diagnosis and treatment take a long time before successful. We are chemical beings and sometimes the chemicals get out of whack. Think about a huge part of what makes men different from woman and just how different we really are: Testosterone and Estrogen Very powerful chemicals.

I saw an accidental inducement of psychosis. A woman going through menopause was wrongly prescribed hormone replacement therapy. It was a scary thing to witness someone perfectly sane turn into a nut job practically overnight. She ended up having shock therapy and eventually "recovered".

I'm not an expert in suicide prevention, but I wish I was. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

As an expert in suicide provocation, let me assure you folks this is a troll. Truly suicidal people don't spend this much time dicking around. They are some of the bravest, most dedicated and decisive folks among us. The most honorable exodus: suicide. Just do it.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Kobold

I really doubt there would be much difference between a full metal jacket and hollow tip (black talon). Using an inert gas, like sitting in a car in a garage would probably be far more effective and less error prone.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

don't have a car or a garage.

You think everyone is a spoiled rich kid who has a car and lives in a house? You have no idea.

But even if I did mess up with the bullets, I'm sure I'll bleed out and pass on considering the disconnected type of society that wouldn't even call the police or really care if they heard a gun shot in a apartment.

Besides response time of police in this city is horrible. First one on the scene would probably be a cop and he couldn't do much to stop the bleeding of a head shot.

I figure the gun is powerful enough to get the job done in a painless fashion.

I'm comforted by my future fate as there's nothing else I can do anyway. I won't be missed. No one will care. only like 6 more months i'll hold out for some hope.

sent a few resumes out and filled out some menial job applications. maybe i'll get a call but considering the 10 applications I've filled out last month resulted in no response, I doubt my luck will change.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

I'd wager any .357 bullet from any direction to the skull will kill you. Even if you are incredibly lucky and live through the shot, unless someone finds you immediately after, you'll still bleed out and die.

A quick google search could give you all the information you would need on the best angle to pull the trigger to your dome and what ammo to use.

There are plenty of other, more effective and certain, ways to kill yourself though. Guessing you are choosing a gun because you're actually afraid to follow through with suicide. Most people choose guns because you can hype yourself up to pull the trigger and possibly die in an instance, where as other means take planning and causes people to back out who really don't want to die.

Either way, good luck living or killing yourself... not everyone is cut out to live through this shitty world.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTFvDqBVNBI
Old 08-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There are plenty of other, more effective and certain, ways to kill yourself though. Guessing you are choosing a gun because you're actually afraid to follow through with suicide.
Considering I am too stupid to even join the military, according to them, I find myself confused by the afraid statement.

I imagine if I climbed a high building and decided to jump off, yes, I'd probably back off and think of something else. I honestly don't even have the motivation to exercise anymore much less go out of my way looking for something really high to jump off of.

The gun is just there as now are the bullets. All it would really take is a twitch of the finger once I pull back the hair trigger. So, in my opinion, that's the most surefire way in regards to "too afraid to follow through." Just get really drunk, wait till I'm incredibly sleepy, and follow through without hesitation as it wouldn't take much energy or thought.

Much more afraid of living on the streets and suffering through hunger pains and the elements effecting me while developing bacterial disturbances throughout my body as I'd struggle to find a place to bathe on the streets. Now that's scary. Or even being constantly mugged, harassed, and beaten by people I'd run into on the streets is far more something to be afraid of. Even going to jail to be shanked, cut, and stabbed while probably living through it as prison doctors patch me up is much more terrifying.

But ultimately, death is something to be naturally afraid of thus waiting these next 6 months holding out for some hope that someone would respond to my resumes and applications. I'm afraid to be born again into some shitty 3rd world country where I grow up abused by parents or strangers, however; at least I wouldn't remember my past life and perhaps it would be some manifestation of acceptance as others that are worse off seem to have the ability to endure it.

Continuing to live on in the homeless life is something much greater to fear. That's why I'd rather blow my brains out.

Crying everyday is something I don't care to continue to do anyway. Not many spoiled and rich privileged kids, that most of you all probably are, would understand that type of stress anyway. If anything be thankful that you all were born into families that care and can support you. I wasn't. And with everything that I did earn on my own including this shitty apartment, fate caused the business I worked for to go into the hole and forced to shut down. Such a shame.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacab-godking2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering I am too stupid to even join the military, according to them, I find myself confused by the afraid statement.

I imagine if I climbed a high building and decided to jump off, yes, I'd probably back off and think of something else. I honestly don't even have the motivation to exercise anymore much less go out of my way looking for something really high to jump off of.

The gun is just there as now are the bullets. All it would really take is a twitch of the finger once I pull back the hair trigger. So, in my opinion, that's the most surefire way in regards to "too afraid to follow through." Just get really drunk, wait till I'm incredibly sleepy, and follow through without hesitation as it wouldn't take much energy or thought.

Much more afraid of living on the streets and suffering through hunger pains and the elements effecting me while developing bacterial disturbances throughout my body as I'd struggle to find a place to bathe on the streets. Now that's scary. Or even being constantly mugged, harassed, and beaten by people I'd run into on the streets is far more something to be afraid of. Even going to jail to be shanked, cut, and stabbed while probably living through it as prison doctors patch me up is much more terrifying.

But ultimately, death is something to be naturally afraid of thus waiting these next 6 months holding out for some hope that someone would respond to my resumes and applications. I'm afraid to be born again into some shitty 3rd world country where I grow up abused by parents or strangers, however; at least I wouldn't remember my past life and perhaps it would be some manifestation of acceptance as others that are worse off seem to have the ability to endure it.

Continuing to live on in the homeless life is something much greater to fear. That's why I'd rather blow my brains out.

Crying everyday is something I don't care to continue to do anyway. Not many spoiled and rich privileged kids, that most of you all probably are, would understand that type of stress anyway. If anything be thankful that you all were born into families that care and can support you. I wasn't. And with everything that I did earn on my own including this shitty apartment, fate caused the business I worked for to go into the hole and forced to shut down. Such a shame.
Bro you are full of shit, and a person who obviously enjoys belittling yourself. I have a suggestion though for you if you want it : Man the fuck up, get a job, get a life and make a difference in the world. Or at least live the good life you deserve. Can't find a job? Boo fucking hoo, work harder, you can do anything if you try hard enough.

One job of mine when I was around 19 and had a new wife and apartment went like this : Me calling them every single day until they knew me by name and realized I was not giving up until I got the job. And guess what homie? I got it, and I worked at that company for about 6 years and am also very grateful for the knowledge I got from them.. But as I was saying, you are full of shit. And if you are not, you need to man the fuck up and quit being a wimp. Life is tough, fight back, and it will still be tough, but its possible to be a very happy person even in a TOUGH world.

tl;dr? I will shorten it for you,

Man up and quit being a quitter.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Fire Giant

how did this turn into a successful troll
Closed Thread