Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufferofnewbies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic: decaying skeletons were social, but nonagressive.
The only ones that were scowls were the Field of Bones decaying skeletons in Kunark.
I am about 99% sure this is correct.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Proof:

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=114

Indifferent
Posted: 2002-11-30 06:10:48 | Quote | Reply to Post | Follow
sobasic
10 posts
Score: Decent
Was goofing around in Innothule Swamp the other day, farming snake scales for my Lvl-19 Shaman and came across a bunch of these (a decaying skeleton). They dropped all the usual stuff when killed, but haven't come across anything unusual yet. While they conned GREEN to me, they were also "indiffernet" and did not attack, while the other types of skeletons were "ready to attack". When I hail "a decying skeleton", I get no response. Is there some quest in Innothule Swamp pertaining to "a decaying skeleton"?
----------------------------
Sobasic
Link to this post 1 reply Posting from Michigan
RE: Indifferent
Posted: 2003-06-16 00:42:48 | Quote | Reply to Post
Gispert

105 posts
I am almost 100% sure thatall Decaying skeletons are indeffent to everyone.
Link to this post 1 reply
RE: Indifferent
Posted: 2004-05-07 22:14:45 | Quote | Reply to Post
Arweena
30 posts
no... not all... the ones in both feild of bone and nektalos forest are ready to atk.... i see you werent a newb for long....

Chipo Ofhell/hollydoodkilla/Death... (all last names) 54 sk
Link to this post
Even more annoying in Nek
Posted: 2002-10-25 22:58:05 | Quote | Reply to Post | Follow
Takata

341 posts
Since they recently patched my home forest of Nektulos, they've made these skellies even more annoying. They made them just as annoying as the lvl 5 skeletons, meaning they will allways chase you no matter what lvl you are [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I guess every skeleton no matter what it's called is very aggresive now in nektulos and will allways chase you no matter what lvl you are.

Takata K'Trazz
LVL 58 Darkelf Myrmidon
Erollisi Marr
Old 11-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Actually, that link has a lot of information on the behavior of our favorite lowbie mob...
Old 11-23-2010, 12:38 PM
VIP / Contributor

http://web.archive.org/web/200112020...=show&BID=1657

Aggressive Tendencies:
Attack On Sight
All
Old 11-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

Hm, interestingly conflicting reports. Sadly my web.archive skills fail me, as I am unable to view future posts that might mention a correction (if the original entry is wrong).

Just out of curiosity, is there any order the developers take on preference for source material? Like here, where alla has posts stating they are indifferent, but everlore says they're aggressive. Is the archived post considered more valid in this case?
Old 11-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by quellren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recall *all* undead being KoS and fearless, meaning a lvl 1 decaying would still aggro a standing lvl 50.
I remember it being the same way. Undead would attack anyone regardless of level and would also never run from the fight if losing.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aggressive Tendencies:
Attack On Sight
All
Yeah, that also says:

Faction Hits: Worse
Befallen Inhabitants

I'd not be relying on that data as it may pertain to that mob in only one of the zones.

Formerly:
Imagin Uhaveclarity - Level 67 Gnome Enchanter, Innoruuk (Shortly after Kunark to a couple months before Luclin, back again around LDON through OOW)
Tegeril Whitewolf - Level 52 Wood Elf Druid, Innoruuk (Opening of Innoruuk - half of Kunark)
Last edited by Lyrik; 11-23-2010 at 06:58 PM..
Old 11-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Sarnak

I'm 100% positive basic decaying skeletons throughout Norrath (excluding befallen, unrest) were indifferent.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aggressive Tendencies:
Attack On Sight
All
Sorry Uthgaard, as someone above noted: Wrong.

Referring again to the eqbestiary thread, see this post dated 2001 (shortly after kunark release):

Quote:
in field of bone they aggro- what the heck- thats whole point of the monster- somethin you can see and say thank God its not somethin thats gonna aggro on me-- at least they drop shields thats pretty nifty.... just wonderin what the point of having a decayin skellie aggro... its a good reason to not play a iksar jkjk
Please fix this! They are SO FUCKING ANNOYING... when running through newb zones I get tons of them aggroing on me everywhere. This is definitely not how they used to be.

I don't understand why everyone's memory has gotten so bad :P
Old 11-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
see this post dated 2001 (shortly after kunark release):

I don't understand why everyone's memory has gotten so bad :P
Well, Kunark came out in 04/00. Velious was released in 12/00, making 01 shortly after Velious release?

There's documentation both ways, leading me to believe there were indifferent decaying skeletons, and kos ones, depending on your homeland.

I seem to remember when I needed to sit down and memorize a spell, on the way to town, decaying skeletons had no qualms with hitting me and interrupting them. Maybe that's faulty memory?
Closed Thread