Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean put it best, we are currently working on more important things than making it easier for people to [lock content behind a wall of platinum].
Old 04-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Just bumping this because it seems like an important thread.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-30-2011, 01:10 AM
Sarnak

I know velious is eventually planned and on server i played the armor sets MQ were a huge part of economy and game play.

Its alot of coding but i really dont think velious would be velious with out the armor being MQ, just my input
Old 05-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

Please consider coding MQ for the first rank (or whichever stage uses the starter item) of each of the iksar class based item quests... Monk bracer, warrior pike, SK kukri, etc.

If you are amenable, I will post the relevant details on those quests.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know velious is eventually planned and on server i played the armor sets MQ were a huge part of economy and game play.

Its alot of coding but i really dont think velious would be velious with out the armor being MQ, just my input
This is the first thing I thought of when I was imagining Velious on P99.

Although it won't be classic, it'll make velious armor (which was a huge huge upgrade over anything else) harder to obtain, so I guess it has its pros and cons.

lol wut
Old 06-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't sweat it Rogean, the less MQable quests the better. Jboots have turned into a plat camp, making it a very long wait for anyone who actually needs to camp the AC for the boots themselves. This is one classic feature that we can definitely go without. The implications of opening up multi-questing to other quests aren't worth the effort. For example, the entire shaman epic was MQable on live, and people actually sold MQs of the epic.
yes - and to quote an earlier poster "Multi - questing is EVIL"

People should do their own questing - we dont need farmers sitting on camps endlessly so legitimate questors never get a chance to make the kills they need.

When I first got here the lack of multi questing was one of the best things I found. A major reason I stayed. Do we really have to duplicate all the mistakes made on live?
Last edited by Aangus; 06-11-2011 at 02:09 AM..
Old 06-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Fire Giant

I don't think MQing was a mistake on live, part of the classic experience.
Last edited by tekniq; 06-11-2011 at 07:56 AM..
Old 06-11-2011, 07:27 PM
VIP / Contributor

This thread has been deadhorsed forever. Moot point is moot. Every script that has been written in the last 9 months has been written this way.
Closed Thread