Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

Arrow GM zone? Quick question

Hey was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this, back in the day when Kunark first came out on live i was iksar shm and on my way to Kurns Tower, i went to zone in but it didnt zone me it let me go behind the zone walls at kurns and there was this Red/Black ball of Fire i clicked it and it zoned me into something like Chome or so (cannot remember exact name) but i fell for 100k dmg an died an a GM had to get my corpse back for me but i was never told anything about where i ended up or what it was so i assume it is a GM zone?, can anyone comment on this, Thanks
Old 03-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d54IV8E6Fng

CS (customer service) home zone, available to guides and gms

its really not that exciting of a zone...its very small, but at least it has an arena i guess =/

(oh and it has an NPC outside in a tent named after gm who died. There might be more now, but when i was a guide back in 03-04 there was just the one.)
Last edited by cyryllis; 03-29-2012 at 06:24 PM..
Old 03-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

thanks
Old 03-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty boring zone. Has a little doggy that the GM's used to claim during guide training could attack you or some BS (lol roleplayers), the torch bearer NPC, armor NPC's, and then a GM area inside which sold stuff like the badges for guides and newb gear for PC's and what not.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

and gnome sandwiches
Old 03-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

i remember one time a friend and i were both trying to log into the same account back in 2000 and a GM transported me to an exitless room in qeynos sewers. i logged and deleted the toon lol!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stragor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i remember one time a friend and i were both trying to log into the same account back in 2000 and a GM transported me to an exitless room in qeynos sewers. i logged and deleted the toon lol!
Lol, i remember that zone / room for rooting someone when they had mobs on them running to zone on Vallon Zek PvP , even though i did not see the mobs until way after root was landed ( you know how they trail far back an can even be across the zone still aggro) i got suspended
Old 03-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stragor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those were the "Time out" rooms... I vaguely recall GM's using them once or twice when I was guiding on Live. I believe they were colered with pastel colors because it was supposed to be a soothing room for people to look at and calm down or somesuch... I had a GM summon me there one day as a prank on my Apprentice Guide, since I couldn't get back out.

cshome was pretty boring, but as a Guide, you tend to hang out there training new guides. Other than that, I spent most of my time running around exploring. Other than training sessions and whatnot, Apprentice Guides weren't supposed to hang out up there, so they didn't get into trouble.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I got ported to that room once when I created a MQ2 macro to spam /shout in GFay trade zone. On my friends computer after I was ported I saw the GM shouted to the zone something like, "This player has been dealt with."

Meanwhile I was nuking myself to death, got back to bind while they were zoning into Qeynos to talk to me, and started my shout macro again.

Many luls were had.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:45 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this, back in the day when Kunark first came out on live i was iksar shm and on my way to Kurns Tower, i went to zone in but it didnt zone me it let me go behind the zone walls at kurns and there was this Red/Black ball of Fire i clicked it and it zoned me into something like Chome or so (cannot remember exact name) but i fell for 100k dmg an died an a GM had to get my corpse back for me but i was never told anything about where i ended up or what it was so i assume it is a GM zone?, can anyone comment on this, Thanks
you can't enter the GM zone (CShome) without the zone file for that zone. it was not available to the public, so i doubt you went there.

however there are a bunch of "detention" areas set up across the world.

one such room is plastered with cat heads on the walls
Closed Thread