Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 05:30 AM
Orc

Default pet exp?

i'm sure the answer is out there on the forums, but i had trouble finding it. basically i wanted to know what the rules are with pets and exp. i heard that if your pet does more damage to the mob than you do, you get less exp, is this true? also, sorry for the horrid grammar, i'm holding my new born in one hand, and typing with the other, so caps are an inconvenience at the moment :P
Old 10-31-2012, 06:08 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, if your pet outdamages you it gets to claim 50% of the XP.

To prevent this:-

Necros: Pull your pet off at 15% or so to let your dots tick down and ensure you've beaten Jobober (adjust accordingly if you think you need to). Effectively you're sitting medding as the mob is dying so you're not losing out in terms of time spent.

Mages: More commonly mages just let the pet do most of the work then suicide it as the mob begins to flee, and nuke to finish. Means carrying a lot of gems around but in terms of making sure you get the full amount it's worthwhile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

SKs: Same as mages [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, you have to do 51% or more damage than pet to get full XP solo, or kill off the pet at the end. In a group it goes away.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

I've heard mixed things about grouping - some say you don't have to do any dmg at all and you get full exp while others say you have to do at least 1dmg. Anyone have cold hard truth?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

As long as one member of the group does at least one point of damage to the mob the pet is killing, the group will gain full exp. This only works if at least two members of the group are in the zone the pet is killing mobs in.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, if your pet outdamages you it gets to claim 50% of the XP.

To prevent this:-

Necros: Pull your pet off at 15% or so to let your dots tick down and ensure you've beaten Jobober (adjust accordingly if you think you need to). Effectively you're sitting medding as the mob is dying so you're not losing out in terms of time spent.

Mages: More commonly mages just let the pet do most of the work then suicide it as the mob begins to flee, and nuke to finish. Means carrying a lot of gems around but in terms of making sure you get the full amount it's worthwhile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

SKs: Same as mages [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, sk being outdps'd by pet. god kill meeeee
Old 10-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As long as one member of the group does at least one point of damage to the mob the pet is killing, the group will gain full exp. This only works if at least two members of the group are in the zone the pet is killing mobs in.
Eh, I've duo'd with enchanters in the past plenty and as long as you're receiving party exp the pet exp nerfs do not apply. Clr / Enc is boss fking xp, too ~
Closed Thread