Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 04:44 AM
Fire Giant

tassle said it pretty much. wtf items would casters/preists ever get? all the good good is weird dragon loot you have to farm high end stuff over and over to afford.

on a second note A+ thread
even though the only person arguing in favor of OP is green ranger who was best ranger imo / also excellent troll
Old 10-28-2012, 06:28 AM
Fire Giant

Sorry broseph but im a 60 monk. Lost roll on t staff to an enchanter in KC made me so mad at first. Then realized yeah, wouldn't b fair if everyone didn't roll. Not many items like that in game and wouldn't b fair to the others if you got it. However, with a few lvls your monk will make more money than most characters if your willing to put in the time so. The T staff is just around the corner gratz!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Kobold

I've seen too many "NBG" claims where the person turned around and sold the item a few days later. Never again.

If it's friends / guild only group I'm ok with NBG. But randoms or PuGs? everyone rolls IMO just becuz I've been burned too many times on people's "claims" of need.

While I can agree with Green Ranger's sentiments - after all I was NBG on Live - P99 is a different community (ie more hardcore players percentage wise than on Live). Not better or worse - just different. As such some things need to change in order to adapt.

Even some of the more casual guilds here would have been considered "competitive" back on Live heh.

<The Mystical Order>

Alts:
[34 Wizard] Motlee Crue (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[4 Wizard] Aysee Deecee (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[2 Wizard] Vhan Halen (Human) <The Mystical Order>

Live - Tallon Zek 2000-2005 / Drinal 2007-2008
[80 Sorcerer] Acillatem Zoso (Human) <Knights of the White Rose> / <Veritable Quandary>
Old 10-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Fire Giant

Oddly enough, my views on whether or not Tstaff should be NBG fluctuate wildly depending on whether or not I'm playing a monk.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

well we can all agree these situations can be avoided by discussing loot rights BEFORE the shit drops. sucks that people need then go and sell, really takes a hit to the NBG party.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I sold the 2 tstaffs I got while soloing because I acutally prefer the imbued fighters staff. Btw, when would a necro, wiz, druid, ranger ever get to call nbg on an item? Probably never, I had to farm plat and buy all my upgrades...nbg favors only a few classes at a few camps while excluding in many cases the classes required to hold loot camps. OP is a halfwit who thinks they don't have to work for it if they want nice items....btw tstaff so overrated.
Exactly. NBG is classist. I'm pretty sure if you put these NBG people back in the 16th century, they'd be the ones engaged in the slave trade.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
btw tstaff so overrated.
NOT if u wanna duel ppl, then monks are #1.

When the Tstaffs a procin, dont come a knockin!

BTW NBG is dead, everyone needs and everyone greed's. just let the dice do the talking! cuz in the end it works out. dont ruin ur reputation / get banned from ninja looting a t staff in an exp group!
Old 10-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But you know what really grinds my gears? People who roll and win something, then they immediately roll again when another item of comparable value drops... Not even offering to throw their other item back into the roll. Why roll again when you already won something? But usually that's just because nobody is taking charge to enforce loot rules.
imo this is a far bigger problem than the OP's rant. ive always suggested in my groups that once you win something, you opt out of rolls until everyone has won something. if another item drops that you want more than the one youve won, then you roll on the new item and if you win it then the first item goes back up for grabs
Old 10-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

I have formed a ton of seb groups, I always make sure to get an agreement by all that loot is ffa random, anyone can roll. Of course if you get a big ticket item like SBC or RBG then you're out on loot rolls from that point on.

I think I lost out on about 7 random before I finally won a rbg, but that's the name of the game. Need before greed is not the way to go on p1999 in my opinion. Heck one of my coolest friends on p1999 won a fungi and rbg over me, no buggy though he won out with higher rolls. That's how it goes and that's what's fair in my opinion. Everyone gets a fair shot, I seriously can't see how that can be argued as greedy.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowbacca32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the T staff would have dropped I was going to grab it and never look back, whether people roll or not.

Now, this seems to me like that's what should happen. 6 players in the group and only 1 monk, using an imbued fighters staff. The T staff is an upgrade for the monk. What are the server rules in this situation? I don't want to just ninja the T staff but I definately don't think that other group members have the same rights to it as I do. Ideas?
If you did that, the other players would probably petition it and the GMs involved would probably take the item from you, give it to the group you just stole from, and suspend you for a week. If you have a history of doing such things, it might rarely go for a permaban. There's a lot of precedent for such actions.

What you described is the literal meaning of ninja looting.
Last edited by Slave; 10-28-2012 at 03:05 PM..
Closed Thread