Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is my 2 cents.

In the few several months of the server and/or expansions, when everything is new and nobody has good/great gear, it should be NBG. But after a year or so of the server and/or expansion comes out, when everyone and his mom has a twinked up alt, it no longer goes NBG. It's not a P99 thing, it's an MMORPG thing. Although I support NBG, I totally understand how at this stage in the game, everyone should roll on a Tstaff.
The truth.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is my 2 cents.

In the few several months of the server and/or expansions, when everything is new and nobody has good/great gear, it should be NBG. But after a year or so of the server and/or expansion comes out, when everyone and his mom has a twinked up alt, it no longer goes NBG. It's not a P99 thing, it's an MMORPG thing. Although I support NBG, I totally understand how at this stage in the game, everyone should roll on a Tstaff.
the thing about it is, we still get new players all the time that think the server should revolve around their what view of "classic" was. or they level too fast to realize that the whole "omg classic eq nostalgia lets all be best buds cuz we can" mentality dies around lvl 30
Old 10-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not going to find many pug's doing KC that are going to play with the idea that if a t-staff drops its automatically going to 1 person in the group, when everyone there is putting in equal time and effort. Best to join a guild, and group with guildies for this sort of thing.
me and my boss both work 8 hour work days. He makes 10x as much as me....but we both put in the same time and effort.

always been NBG. and honestly if you say you camp T-staff for cash, 9/10 youd get PP faster from farming PP, not item camping. l0l ppl so selfish over pixels.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Banned

ye people forget that a caster can easily gear himself without any effort. melees cant camp shit without pals therefore a guildless monk or one in a leveling guilds only shot at a t-staff is with a pick up group. god forbid we help the unfortunate melees.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

First thread in this forum - a sticky entitled 'There are people who scam you in this game.'

That is reason enough alone to explain why NBG in pickup groups on p99 is the equivalent of bending yourself over and dropping trou at the behest of whomever claims they need to get in your ass the most.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
me and my boss both work 8 hour work days. He makes 10x as much as me....but we both put in the same time and effort.

always been NBG. and honestly if you say you camp T-staff for cash, 9/10 youd get PP faster from farming PP, not item camping. l0l ppl so selfish over pixels.
Uh yeah...the difference is your boss is more qualified (in theory) and put in more effort to get into the position he is in, so he gets more money. Grouping with someone, and having them need a t-staff to actually equip doesn't mean they are any more deserving of it than i am when the asset is completely liquid and can be an equal upgrade to both of us. I fail to see your point.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Feel free to group with me, I'll always go NBG. Maybe that's why I have no pp to my name. But in all seriousness if I wanted a powerhouse supertoon I would of stayed with my 8k AC 100k hp bard on live and jus soloed the whole of VP at once while watching TV.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feel free to group with me, I'll always go NBG. Maybe that's why I have no pp to my name. But in all seriousness if I wanted a powerhouse supertoon I would of stayed with my 8k AC 100k hp bard on live and jus soloed the whole of VP at once while watching TV.

plz tell me more
Old 10-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ye people forget that a caster can easily gear himself without any effort. melees cant camp shit without pals therefore a guildless monk or one in a leveling guilds only shot at a t-staff is with a pick up group. god forbid we help the unfortunate melees.
Apparently you're not very familiar with the class called monk.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First thread in this forum - a sticky entitled 'There are people who scam you in this game.'

That is reason enough alone to explain why NBG in pickup groups on p99 is the equivalent of bending yourself over and dropping trou at the behest of whomever claims they need to get in your ass the most.
^this^

LOL'd @ work and nearly choked on my cheese...
Closed Thread