Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-19-2024, 08:06 AM
Kobold

in green doing alright =D

Part of the mighty zerg force in P99
Old 03-21-2024, 05:17 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I didn't get to play P99 in it's infancy, but my friend who did play in the early days said that it was basically the wild west and that almost anything went. That's kind of how I remember old school EverQuest too, people KS'ing, training, ninja looting etc. and even doing a bit of that myself (not the ninja looting, but the training and KSing thing for sure). I would actually opt to play on a server like this if I was given the choice because I think it would lead to more interesting encounters. I feel like because P99 launched so long ago that a lot of the crazy stories have been lost to time, but if the same things had happened in 2024 that they probably would have gone viral on YouTube [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] like I've met people in real-life who are familiar with the Bladefrenzy video but they don't even know what game it's from.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:11 AM
Planar Protector

Thats impressive with the video only having 8k views.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't get to play P99 in it's infancy, but my friend who did play in the early days said that it was basically the wild west and that almost anything went. That's kind of how I remember old school EverQuest too, people KS'ing, training, ninja looting etc. and even doing a bit of that myself (not the ninja looting, but the training and KSing thing for sure). I would actually opt to play on a server like this if I was given the choice because I think it would lead to more interesting encounters. I feel like because P99 launched so long ago that a lot of the crazy stories have been lost to time, but if the same things had happened in 2024 that they probably would have gone viral on YouTube [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] like I've met people in real-life who are familiar with the Bladefrenzy video but they don't even know what game it's from.

A no rules wild west version of P99 would be pretty lit not gonna lie. All this carebear stuff is for the birds.
Old 03-22-2024, 05:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeItClean2024 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A no rules wild west version of P99 would be pretty lit not gonna lie. All this carebear stuff is for the birds.
Prepare to wait in line for pixels if that ever happened.
Old 03-22-2024, 09:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't Durison raid his own guild bank and RMT it all ? or am I thinking of someone else who played with his wife ?
You mean every single person with access to a guildbank when TAK pc client was released.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And me getting dragged into the middle of it every single time.
an epic tale
Old 03-29-2024, 02:11 PM
Aviak

ok bluemers
Old 03-29-2024, 05:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prepare to wait in line for pixels if that ever happened.
surely you mean, prepare to never get those pixels cause youll be KSd and trained right out of there. youll find a named miraculously up and get it to 5% and an enc will just charm it out from under you!
Old 04-05-2024, 01:30 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thats impressive with the video only having 8k views.
Sorry for the hella' delayed response. I just saw this reply weeks later. I was going to point out that I think the same clip is actually more viral on TikTok than it is on YouTube. Like I've randomly come across influencers talking about how hardcore old school MMOs were and using that clip as an example