Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Banned

people pay their bills cuz of this server, tldr
Old 02-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people pay their bills cuz of this server, tldr
Which is a problem. And embarrassing.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is a problem. And embarrassing.
yup im not one of them just the truth
Old 02-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If no guard assist and unrestorable xp loss on PvP death in an 8-level range FFA environment without a PNP is bluebie, then I don't think I know of a more effete, limp-wristed color to describe what we have now.

Periwinkle?
Because it discouraged pvp and promoted grinding and resulted in tons of people quitting.

"I could fight this guy and a lose an hour's worth of grinding or just gate."
Old 02-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Banned

tldr
Old 02-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Banned

I guess my suggestion is more "Do this instead of a teams server" than "Wipe red"

Or not, some might cling to them pixels to the last gasp of air and split the PVP pop, just thinkin it might dam a bit the flood of tears that would potentially drench the red99 forums after a radical change such as this.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 02-09-2014 at 06:34 PM..
Old 02-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Uhm i actually like his ideas, made me really looking back 15 years to the elfs vs gnomes mass pvps in gfay, or the thrill of sneaking a troll on the boat to faywder to try and trade in gfay.

I agree that certain ppl/guilds exploiting at server launch in combination of the grind being to slow and exp loss on pvp making plugging an all time high in everquest. Also lack of contesting due to the fact that u had to grind 4 hours to regain the exp for a pvp death on level 60.

Regarding to item loot, ive seen both good and bad things come out of it, problem is alot of naked wizards and mages rollin around risking nothing, and melees have to equip shit to stand a chance, however with custom no drops, that would be resolved.

Whats the most important to remember is that population is KEY, we lack this, and no matter what path devs choose to go i hope we csn re-attain s healthy population somehow.

VZTZ had a solid 250+ pop even after 3 big wipes, all these happened where people had around the same BiS as they do on this server (-VP+Rile/Painroot/Tychus Zeksworn).

When we all started on red99 at launch, is the outcome of what we hoped for what the server is in its current form?

Current P99 red
1. Good anti-cheat - first boxes on EMU
2. Good coded 1999 everquest world (quests/mechanics)
3. Working economy

VZTZ Servers
1. Ability to 2box
2. EXP rates that made u get to a competative level without having to retire from your real life. Made focus on PVP instead of PVE with the option of occasional PVP.
3. No PVP exp loss
4. Item loot on 1.0, problem was however as i said before the naked casters rolling around everywhere risking nada.

Imagine a fresh R99
1. Working anti-cheat + p1999 server code and working economy.
2. Most exploits have been sorted during these years of R99 beta.
3. Big population + 2boxing enabled (rather log on a server with 600-1000 charachters than 50).
4. Quick EXP, making it viable for new players to get in on highend action quickly.
5. Progression style PVE content unlock, kunark straight after Innoruuk/CT/EoV dies etc, all the way up to velious.
6. Variance where 1-2 raid mobs would be around each day, always something to fight over.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Banned

I dont know about boxing, i dont like it honestly, although many times on red i wish it had been allowed. Even if i dont like it, if hypothetically allowed i know i wouldnt be able to stop myself from rolling a druid first and then not need groups for any ulterior toons. I prefer groups, so id still look for em and only fall back on boxing if i had to. But for many people, it would be the first option.

Shit i know someone on red whod rather box 5 toons than invite people from his guild into his one man seb orchestra so...

One thing i think that would be vital and determinant for a new server is the xp rate. Needs to be at least 2.0

Many things arent classic on red, and its fine. So why the entrenchment over the speed at which people level toons? Rogean should be forced to sit down and level an SK to 60 on red with this pop so he can finally say OH! i get it now. Not askin for an EZ server just something a bit faster so i get to try more than one class at a higher lvl and wont take me 3 years to do it.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

You come from the bad standpoint that the game starts at level 60 which is wrong.

Boxxing is bad. Having zero low level pop is bad.

Having no reason to pvp at low level is bad.

No 2 box, item loot enabled, slow motion leveling so people are around to level with new players.

REGARDLESS: a fresh server from the reliable P99 team would be amazing. R99 got a TERRIBLE start like...a 2 out of 10 rating for number of box destroying screwups and neglect.

A good classic server on a timeline that people could bank on would be really fun. I really miss the pure classic experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaahbal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uhm i actually like his ideas, made me really looking back 15 years to the elfs vs gnomes mass pvps in gfay, or the thrill of sneaking a troll on the boat to faywder to try and trade in gfay.

I agree that certain ppl/guilds exploiting at server launch in combination of the grind being to slow and exp loss on pvp making plugging an all time high in everquest. Also lack of contesting due to the fact that u had to grind 4 hours to regain the exp for a pvp death on level 60.

Regarding to item loot, ive seen both good and bad things come out of it, problem is alot of naked wizards and mages rollin around risking nothing, and melees have to equip shit to stand a chance, however with custom no drops, that would be resolved.

Whats the most important to remember is that population is KEY, we lack this, and no matter what path devs choose to go i hope we csn re-attain s healthy population somehow.

VZTZ had a solid 250+ pop even after 3 big wipes, all these happened where people had around the same BiS as they do on this server (-VP+Rile/Painroot/Tychus Zeksworn).

When we all started on red99 at launch, is the outcome of what we hoped for what the server is in its current form?

Current P99 red
1. Good anti-cheat - first boxes on EMU
2. Good coded 1999 everquest world (quests/mechanics)
3. Working economy

VZTZ Servers
1. Ability to 2box
2. EXP rates that made u get to a competative level without having to retire from your real life. Made focus on PVP instead of PVE with the option of occasional PVP.
3. No PVP exp loss
4. Item loot on 1.0, problem was however as i said before the naked casters rolling around everywhere risking nada.

Imagine a fresh R99
1. Working anti-cheat + p1999 server code and working economy.
2. Most exploits have been sorted during these years of R99 beta.
3. Big population + 2boxing enabled (rather log on a server with 600-1000 charachters than 50).
4. Quick EXP, making it viable for new players to get in on highend action quickly.
5. Progression style PVE content unlock, kunark straight after Innoruuk/CT/EoV dies etc, all the way up to velious.
6. Variance where 1-2 raid mobs would be around each day, always something to fight over.
Well, that just begs the question...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]