Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just posted a CURRENT post from alakhazam showing no level requirement on the ITEM itself.
It also shows two augs. Are you advocating that we should have augments?

Since you asked for it, here are more examples of the nonsense from your other post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no epic has a level requirement on it.
I had one of these on live. It clearly has a level requirement.

Quote:
This is a non-classic nerf to epics because rogues, as that is the only class is really affected.
Are you implying that people weren't MQing Swiftwind onto ranger alts? Also, you seem to be in denial about the raw power people were getting from the stats on epic MQs, despite the fact that they could not click them.

Quote:
A rogue can backstab with it lv 5
No, they cannot backstab until level 10.

Quote:
The reason they did it has nothing to do with it being classic.
Can you prove this? Can you post any evidence whatsoever that proves beyond any doubt that epic quests were able to be completed before level 46?

Quote:
If they wanted to make the quest undoable by a lv 1, sure I get that. Make the QUEST NPC not talk to you till 46 or eat the dagger if you arent lv 46+ and tried to turn in it, THAT would be classic.
Ok, but what do you do about ones that already exist? You don't seem to have thought this through very well.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow, still salty
I find it interesting that you would post something like this Ele considering how hard you work to make things on P99 more classic instead of less.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It also shows two augs. Are you advocating that we should have augments?

Since you asked for it, here are more examples of the nonsense from your other post:

I had one of these on live. It clearly has a level requirement.

Are you implying that people weren't MQing Swiftwind onto ranger alts? Also, you seem to be in denial about the raw power people were getting from the stats on epic MQs, despite the fact that they could not click them.

No, they cannot backstab until level 10.

Can you prove this? Can you post any evidence whatsoever that proves beyond any doubt that epic quests were able to be completed before level 46?

Ok, but what do you do about ones that already exist? You don't seem to have thought this through very well.
Fatestealer wasn't even in game in classic so your argument is invalid using that as an example. By that point they had implemented level requirements for gear.

Yes I am one of those who MQ swiftwind and actually earthcaller on my level 30 ranger on B99. Not really to play him just to sit there in full tolans and have GMs run by and give him illusions like High Elf and Troll and get constant tells for SoW while I chatted with friends. I was trying to get back to EC after helping someone track Quill and made the mistake of using swamp pot it didn't work out well for me lol to say the least.

I also had my epic pre46 on live on an alt with help from some friends and multiquests. I have to find my old HP computer and get SS off it but I do have SS from that time period. Monk epic consisted of looting fang from Xeno after he was killed. Then having someone else MQ the book from Skyfire with you. Raster was probably the hardest part back then with a MQ of the fights. KC was camped constantly so that pipe was easy and the Chardok pipe I don't remember how I got that one. I was actually getting some xp in the ruins while trying to get Brother Balatin to spawn back then.

Easiest and fairest fix would have just been to change all of the effects to not work until 46-51 Which may have been the case on live because I know monks couldn't click their epics prior to like somewhere in the 46-50 range.

But at this point I'm just moping so ignore me. Its not like I play on blue anymore I log in occasionally to talk to friends. I can do that with my epics bagged. Its done and we will just have to deal with it.
Last edited by Seltius; 10-15-2015 at 10:31 AM..
Old 10-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fatestealer wasn't even in game in classic so your argument is invalid using that as an example. By that point they had implemented level requirements for gear.
Fatestealer was an epic that had a level requirement. He did not specify Kunark epics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also had my epic pre46 on live on an alt with help from some friends and multiquests. I have to find my old HP computer and get SS off it but I do have SS from that time period. Monk epic consisted of looting fang from Xeno after he was killed. Then having someone else MQ the book from Skyfire with you. Raster was probably the hardest part back then with a MQ of the fights. KC was camped constantly so that pipe was easy and the Chardok pipe I don't remember how I got that one. I was actually getting some xp in the ruins while trying to get Brother Balatin to spawn back then.
Again, specifying the time line would be important.

Quote:
Easiest and fairest fix would have just been to change all of the effects to not work until 46-51
Are you proposing a non-classic change as an alternative to a change you deem not classic? Also, to clarify, what you're saying is that you don't think the worn affects should be active until some arbitrary level between 46-51 (hint, the number you are looking for is 50)? I don't even know if that's possible.

Quote:
But at this point I'm just moping so ignore me. Its not like I play on blue anymore I log in occasionally to talk to friends. I can do that with my epics bagged. Its done and we will just have to deal with it.
If you were able to pay for epics on a twink, why can you not afford to buy PL to 46? Or even, I don't know, go out and get the levels yourself?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Banned

Problem with removing MQ it's that their are legitimate uses for it. None of the guild wizards at Phinny when he drops the staff? Np, MQ it to a guildy when he gets online.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

They did it because Brad said in an interview on stream that they never intended for non-planar characters to have epics. They never went through with the change on Live but that's probably enough evidence for Rogean and Nilbog.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I find it interesting that you would post something like this Ele considering how hard you work to make things on P99 more classic instead of less.
There are at least two different ways of doing bug reports and seeking changes to the server. Repeatedly calling out devs in patch notes, bug reports, or general chat is not conducive to the desired outcome.

I do not agree with the epic change either, but at the same time I can understand their rational. I view this server as an on-going beta project (obviates the omg but 4 years of Kunark argument). I provide input where I find it and the devs can do with it what they will. At the end of the day, I can only point things out, I don't have access to code or a say in implementation.

We'll see what raid scene/item/quest modifications occur when (if) a fresh proper timeline server happens.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are at least two different ways of doing bug reports and seeking changes to the server. Repeatedly calling out devs in patch notes, bug reports, or general chat is not conducive to the desired outcome.

I do not agree with the epic change either, but at the same time I can understand their rational. I view this server as an on-going beta project (obviates the omg but 4 years of Kunark argument). I provide input where I find it and the devs can do with it what they will. At the end of the day, I can only point things out, I don't have access to code or a say in implementation.

We'll see what raid scene/item/quest modifications occur when (if) a fresh proper timeline server happens.
Prior to this I don't think I have ever said anything negative about the Devs(I will have to search my posts to be sure but don't remember if I did) or what they are trying to do here. This has been an amazing experience being able to play through this era again and hang with friends online that in some cases I haven't gamed with in a decade or longer. Even in this I am just voicing my frustration and not actually calling them out. I tried to at least offer a point of view along with suggestions and a willingness to try and locate proof regarding classic era epics.

I have not resorted to personal attacks on anyone or been abusive in any way on this thread. I also offered to try and dig up proof in the form of SS and logs from almost 15 years ago.

Samoht this is not the argument your looking for. 1.5 epic is in no way classic and the time period I am referring to is classic or I wouldn't post about it.

As far as how or why my ranger has his epics are really not your concern. But to cut off your next post before it happens. I came back after a break earlier this year and some friends(Thank you again Catt and Snack) helped me get all of the pieces for my epics except for 2 main pieces and those I traded a Shield of Rainbow Hues and a Fungi for. Both of which I obtained 2 years ago while raiding and leveling. I log into my ranger now only to chat with friends. I don't really play it to group or farm or xp at all.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
the time period I am referring to is classic or I wouldn't post about it.
The likelihood of you forgetting exactly when you finished your monk epic is much higher than you having a monk epic pre-46 during the Kunark era.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Prior to this I don't think I have ever said anything negative about the Devs(I will have to search my posts to be sure but don't remember if I did) or what they are trying to do here. This has been an amazing experience being able to play through this era again and hang with friends online that in some cases I haven't gamed with in a decade or longer. Even in this I am just voicing my frustration and not actually calling them out. I tried to at least offer a point of view along with suggestions and a willingness to try and locate proof regarding classic era epics.

I have not resorted to personal attacks on anyone or been abusive in any way on this thread. I also offered to try and dig up proof in the form of SS and logs from almost 15 years ago.
Wasn't directing that particular comment to you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You quoted my salty post, which is what I was referencing.
Closed Thread