Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you take Project 1999 as seriously as other games?
Yes, my time is valuable, and I enjoy this server immensely. 167 85.64%
No, it's a lot of fun, and I appreciate the GMs work, but I play harder in other games. 28 14.36%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 03:29 AM
Orc

Yes, I know what you mean and I agree 100%. Any argument that inserts the " this is a 10 year old game" shit is invalid. This is the mother of all games
Old 03-27-2010, 06:05 AM
Aviak

The way I see it, real quantities of time are invested into this game.

So that's real and matters right? Many of us put more time into our chars than part time jobs.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

I played a lot of games before it, and a lot of games after it.

For me, nothing touches EQ Classic, and P99 is the only place I play. I don't give a rat's a** what anyone thinks.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think the voting options are biased anyway. Your options are either "yes this is serious i play hard" or "no this isn't serious i don't give a crap".

For me, i play pretty hard, i enjoy it, and my time is important. But i'm totally out of the whole drama/argument/bitching thing because i am very aware that we are playing on a 10 year old game. Something about that prevents me from getting bitchy about anything.

So you need an option "Yeah i care, but this IS a 10 y/o game, we could stand to take things a little less seriously." - which i believe is what most proponents of the 10 y/o argument mean.

Maybe it's just that you've misunderstood their intent that you dislike it so much, cos i've used this phrase in cases of extreme drama, and all i mean is - hey, calm down a little, this isn't life or death. We play ANY mmo for fun and people get overly obsessed, but for me an emu server of a 10 year old game i almost feel stupid for getting worked up.

And that's a good thing!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Aviak

I clicked on the No option just because it is closest to how i feel . I for one try not to get worked up about any game be it online or offline , they are just games and nothing more . They are a nice way to pass some time and to relax when the real world get to be kind of heavy on your shoulders but as a means of entertainment they shouldn't be taken to seriously, having said that i truly enjoy 1999 it is my EQ Emu of choice right now and a lot of fun but getting worked up over a online game be it pay or free is a sign that maybe its time to take awhile off and check the real life priority's. Just my two cents worth , take it a face value [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are
bump

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 03-27-2010, 12:06 PM
VIP / Contributor

If I cared about everything I did online, i'd probably be much nicer than I am now.

Voted no, but yes in a way.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

i play this as serious as i would if i would pay a monthlky subscription fee ... as hasbin sayd, its my TIME .. soo ... yeah
Old 03-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannym3141 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you need an option "Yeah i care, but this IS a 10 y/o game, we could stand to take things a little less seriously." - which i believe is what most proponents of the 10 y/o argument mean.!
there is no difference between a 10 year or 1 week old game as long we got the numbers, and we have em
Old 03-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Kobold

I don't play as seriously, knowing that private servers can be taken down in a matter of minutes if they get a cease and desist letter from their parent companies. I've seen it happen in other games and it really made me realize that it's not as reliable, I lost all my work for like 2 years of game play.
Closed Thread