Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 12:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rustled
2 minute response times... talks about causing rustles... Dude, I am Rexx levels of caring...
Old 07-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad to see more Veterans and Relevants chime in
Yeah god forbid people who actually play voice their opinion. Would be much better if all the forum warriors and has-beens decide the future.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemandella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 minute response times... talks about causing rustles... Dude, I am Rexx levels of caring...
that means you care

alot

wake up
Old 07-23-2014, 12:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah god forbid people who actually play voice their opinion. Would be much better if all the forum warriors and has-beens decide the future.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2014, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Drettj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your gif is missing an r.
Fix that shit.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 07-23-2014, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

coach putting in some serious hours at the photoshop school pras

it's hard to argue variance when you have literally more % of the server population in the guild that wouldn't benefit from said argument.

give up, gm's either have blindfolds on or they luv that rustle, i don't blame em, if i was rogean i'd probably put salems packet lagger 3.0 on the red99 box just to rustle some nuts ya feelers me?
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

I would like to see it but not permanately, atleast to get our dicks the same size
Old 07-23-2014, 01:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_still_a_virgin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listen folks, Rogean/Nilbog/Sirken are just simply not intune with how a PVP server works. Rogean and Nilbog have absolutely no PVP experience. Sirken has at least PVP'd before and GM'd on a PVP server, but he's still not one of us. He doesn't "get it" and he never will. Worst of all, even if he did, he doesn't have any pull with Rogean or Nilbog to change anything.

It's too difficult for them to see that without variance, this server will always have one guild that monopolizes the most critical raid mobs and items. Whoever owns the key to get the items, recruits all the players.

here's a quarter call someone who cares seriously....EQ has always been about Epic Guilds getting the content, PVP aspect allows you to FIGHT FOR IT....grow some stones. Oh wait, you werent around in 99 your part of that participation trophy generation mentality and want things given to you
Old 07-23-2014, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh wait, you werent around in 99 your part of that participation trophy generation mentality and want things given to you
nailed it
Old 07-23-2014, 02:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh wait, you werent around in 99 your part of that participation trophy generation mentality and want things given to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nailed it
Lol, I was one of the first level 50 random PKers on Rallos Zek in 1999, back in the days of Aakor/Ennart/Castin. Oh, I was also the highest level neutral on SZ in the top neutral guild before I quit. And, damn I forgot to mention, I'm one of the best RTS players to ever live, having been top ranked in every game I've played.

Quote:
EQ has always been about Epic Guilds getting the content, PVP aspect allows you to FIGHT FOR IT....grow some stones.
It isn't about "Epic Guilds" getting content, it's about "Epic Guilds" being able to monopolize all of the content in one swing of the axe. Fighting that type of guild is futile. It's like fighting the British army in my OP example. They can have all of their members log on for their raid day, and bulldoze through any challengers + the content. Adding variance doesn't make any guild less "Epic", it pushes spawn windows across the week and throughout the day. If the guild is truly "Epic", they will have no problem mobilizing their members to fight for mobs.

The reality is, an "Epic Guild", will quickly start prioritizing raid mobs, instead of killing them all. It simply won't make sense to batphone all members to fight for a lesser raid mob like Faydader at 2am on a Tuesday. They wouldn't want to risk burning their member base out. So they would settle for highly desired raid mobs, and that would open other content to other guilds that can and will mobilize for them. More guilds challenging will allow players to leave guilds and join others one to compete.
Last edited by Chuck_still_a_virgin; 07-23-2014 at 02:14 AM..
Closed Thread