Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjerry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the south is objectively the best part of the union and Texas is its rightful capitol
rare poor form, usually I can't tell when I'm being trolled
Old 03-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Banned

the punchline is your thinking it's a troll, my man
Old 03-23-2017, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't be mistaken, they only don't have the votes because the freedom caucus wants it to be even more severe
The HBO series "circus" showed Rand talking to the caucus. It's a live doc-drama.

He left the room with his camera crew in disgust as soon as Rand said the goal is to kill this bill.

Check it out sometime if u have premium cable it's decent bullshit and occasionally you get unprecedented access. Allowing a camera into a closed session meeting was cool even if it was just a few seconds

He tried to crack a joke about Rand Paul wearing a Tuxedo on his way in but got dunked by his aide who informed him he has a black-tie dinner with the Vice President later

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 03-23-2017 at 06:08 PM..
Old 03-23-2017, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it was general statement on the oral traditions of most ancient cultures and how that is what passed stories along to future generations until a better tool, writing, came about. I get over analysis, but lordy you must have some dank nuggets where you live.
teh wat?!
So you have difficulty accepting that the version of academia presented ancient "history" is pretty much FUBAR, but your opinion is that the middle-east was pretty much (more recent history) illiterate thru.. what the 5th century? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uh-huuuh.... hehehe
Fortunate we taught them math and astronomy too, eh? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2017, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

universal basic income is unethical. it is a self-serving placation of conscience at the expense of humanity :c
Old 03-23-2017, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

you are welcome to caricature it, but there is nothing noble about diluting the mean and hobbling humanity:c people don't realize the fragility of our existence and the obstacles to its continuance. they don't even consider the long term local consequences of their selfishness let alone the global repercussions.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
universal basic income is unethical. it is a self-serving placation of conscience at the expense of humanity :c
You've got to get the ridiculous notion out of your head that cooperating as a society and providing a framework of opportunity encourages people to be complacent. It just does not work like that. That vision is born by such a profound lack of understanding of the world.

It's like saying providing good soil and water for your garden is counterproductive because some of the weak plants will survive and some weeds might get some.

Besides, universal basic income is infinitely more fair than the current system of welfare because everyone gets it and it replaces most other entitlements.

For all your rhetoric about saving humanity you don't even realize that statism is literally the only way to counter the bacterial impulses of humanity and do important things like population control and long term collective strategy/planning. Left to "selfishness" or unfettered market capitalism we'll destroy ourselves like bacteria in a petri dish, or we may already have.
Last edited by Lune; 03-23-2017 at 08:12 PM..
Old 03-23-2017, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Besides, universal basic income is infinitely more fair than the current system of welfare because everyone gets it and it replaces most other entitlements.
It's also more efficient (supposedly, I've read studies but who knows)
Old 03-23-2017, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
teh wat?!
So you have difficulty accepting that the version of academia presented ancient "history" is pretty much FUBAR, but your opinion is that the middle-east was pretty much (more recent history) illiterate thru.. what the 5th century? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uh-huuuh.... hehehe
Fortunate we taught them math and astronomy too, eh? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I really want some of the drugs you do. Goddamn boy they must be good if you think any of that makes sense.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really want some of the drugs you do. Goddamn boy they must be good if you think any of that makes sense.
Wrong. They had the written language before Moe made up that junk in his broken head. He didn't write it down (if he even existed), it was just a telephone game for ~250 years before someone bothered.

You just gotta write that stuff down first-hand and preserve it, including the making of many-many copies which helps preservation. That's a big problem with much of history as we know it, even your beloved greek philosophers. And that's just counting the manuscripts that survived all the great library fires and sackings.

You're boring, Al d Gore.