Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 09-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still gonna get the min 2% chance. But should be close. Have to recheck my tables tonight. I know I need some spell class specific adjustments. But i think it will be doable.

H
for nukes (not roots) to land it was def. higher than 2%. i thought it was 5, but deadlyapostle is saying 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyApostle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic it was 7% chance for any direct nuke to land for full... was easy to figure this out starting in Luclin because whenever you crit as a wizard it would also do full damage.
think it would be a shame if in velious without even trying everyone was running around with 98% chance to resist all nukes... just horrible. 93% sounds a *bit* more reasonable (and classic) yes?
Old 09-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Banned

I mean I guess its possible as a test to run a boxed setup of 3 encs,2wiz,1 clr and see if they consistently can AOE shit down at the appropriate resist levels.

2% chance between 3 enchanters seems like a 6% chance for group to wipe itself every time they cast their big pbaoe stun.. see what I mean?
Old 09-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for nukes (not roots) to land it was def. higher than 2%. i thought it was 5, but deadlyapostle is saying 7.

think it would be a shame if in velious without even trying everyone was running around with 98% chance to resist all nukes... just horrible. 93% sounds a *bit* more reasonable (and classic) yes?
This sounds retarded. Why even play a caster in PvP if your nukes are resisted 95% of the time and the other 5% being low partials? And your Debuffs are resisted 100% of the time by reaching a very easy to reach threshold in MR...

Doesn't sound very classic to me.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This sounds retarded. Why even play a caster in PvP if your nukes are resisted 95% of the time and the other 5% being low partials? And your Debuffs are resisted 100% of the time by reaching a very easy to reach threshold in MR...

Doesn't sound very classic to me.
yep - it's not. but Haynar is falling prey to 3 ppl's opinions whom he thinks are more legit than the rest.

on the box as it currently stands, melee are already better than casters.. in velious it's just going to be all melee. throughout the game the amount of resists necessary changed with each era. what Haynar is doing now looks like it should be for Classic, old world antonica (no kunark). this is great, and would be perfect for a new server. but not for kunark, and certainly not for velious. when the changes drop there will be backlash, only time will tell if H (or any other dev) is still paying attention afterward/cares to listen, or actually tries playing a toon on red to see first hand what they will mean.

Nirgon has his fantasy item-loot server in mind, which is why he justifies resisting shit so easily.. except this isn't an item loot server. hopefully teams will have an item loot component, but that isn't our current concern.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Banned

I still think you are hung up on the only strategy is mashing nukes without dispelling / debuffing.

Tash/malo/mala are unresistable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bards will hopefully be able to double stack tash soon when grouped with an enchanter.

It's going to be a large change... and I'd gladly play any caster for it.

So yeah why would I log on that enchanter that has the best buff strip, VoG for all melees, group MR, c2....? Because I can't mash nukes and kill targets that haven't been dispelled or debuffed? I dunno.... sure still sounds USEFUL to me.
Last edited by Nirgon; 09-02-2014 at 04:53 PM..
Old 09-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Banned

neither pudge nor daldaen even play btw
Old 09-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But I have a brilliant way to deal with debuffs and ppl above the resist soft caps.

So perfect.

H
Old 09-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Banned

by having a brain when you pvp??
Old 09-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
by having a brain when you pvp??
For starters.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sorry, but any amount of resists giving you a 95%+ chance to resist nukes and 100% chance to resist debuffs/CC spells is retarded. Caster's weren't that useless in classic-velious PvP.