Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

If the pet counting as a target changes they can still be pretty useful. 1 little trick I used to do though to get around this with the earth pet is:
Wait til pet roots mob, back off pet just a bit out of melee range then cast rain spell. When root breaks the mob will move forward towards the pet but still be in range of the rain. Pretty much the only way to get all 3 waves on a mob as a solo mage. It can be handy for burst damage since you can cast a nuke right after and get some nice short dps.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Don't forget druids have rains too.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

I cast rain of spikes on a pack of 5+ mobs with my pet tanking and it only gave me two resist messages. So who ever said it can hit more then 2-3 times is either wrong or I am in a unique situation. I thought this was an Area Effect spell,. that's what AE means right?

I can record a video as proof if you don't believe me.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cast rain of spikes on a pack of 5+ mobs with my pet tanking and it only gave me two resist messages. So who ever said it can hit more then 2-3 times is either wrong or I am in a unique situation. I thought this was an Area Effect spell,. that's what AE means right?

I can record a video as proof if you don't believe me.

Read the thread and grasp the info given. Since it was more than 2 mobs it was just 1 wave and you got 2 resists on that wave. Sounds valid to me ;-)
Old 09-11-2014, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Rains can only hit a total of 4 targets.

Pets eat one of those "target" counters.

So if it's a pet against a single mob, that single mob should get hit by 2 waves and the pet should eat the other 2 waves.
If it's a pet against two mobs I believe it hits the two mobs and your pet eats two waves.
If it's a pet against three+ mobs it should hit 3 mobs and your pet once.

Your pet never actually takes damage from the wave he just eats a hit so to speak.

Pets eating hits was a dumb bug in classic, but it's classic. The resist rate on those spells on this server I feel is WAY off though. They weren't so damn hard to land. At this point they are so bad they aren't worth a spell slot ever. For many classes those spells are the highest damage potential, but they end up being terrible cause they resists so much and on belly casters you're forced to eat waves yourself.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:11 AM
Fire Giant

In this era, rain spells work as intended. Currently they are counting allies as tick targets. This later gets fixed in velious to only count ticks against enemies. Its in the old patch notes.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Skeleton

It sounds like it is broken. They should hit with up to 3 waves though it does change randomly sometimes. As well, the rain lines are very easily resisted.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds like it is broken. They should hit with up to 3 waves though it does change randomly sometimes. As well, the rain lines are very easily resisted.
they only hit 3 waves if there is a single target. otherwise it will hit 2 waves for 2 mobs or 1 wave for 3 or 4 mobs
Closed Thread