Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 09-19-2014, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had an even con pal on live fully resist a conflag when he was on a CR (no buffs/gear).

Don't think that can happen here.
Yes. Resist gear is given too much weight here in general. On live, there was simply a higher "randomness" factor in terms of how spells landed. (Could very rarely full resist even naked - but also get blasted for max damage even at 255 resist. Partials also had a wider range) Here, we have a very tight band of possibilities at any given resist.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

As for the pets, there was a short time during classic that I remember charming a mage's pet and sending it on to him was my favorite activity. But that got changed pretty early -> no more pet charming. (Didn't poof the pet, just wasn't able to charm). That's my recollection
Old 09-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but also get blasted for max damage even at 255 resist.
that was like luclin braah, new expansion patch dropped messing everything up for a bit (getting rooted with full mr gear). we were ridin our luclin mounts.
they eventually put it back tho
Old 09-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that was like luclin braah, new expansion patch dropped messing everything up for a bit (getting rooted with full mr gear). we were ridin our luclin mounts.
they eventually put it back tho
Yes. But before that luclin patch there was still a decent chance to land for full on nukes. (Not root). I thought it was 5,% someone (daldaen?) says it was 7% you can see in the other thread
Old 09-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Banned

tl;dr

-> Summoned pets should insta poof if charmed by another player (bonus: if an NPC controlling a summoned pet is 1 shot, the pet should also die instantly.. not sure if that ever got fixed)
-> To offset this (and classic) pets with resist magic cast on them should be nigh immune to root / charm / stun / blind / fear (I don't play a pet class so its no selfish wish of any kind, this is one thing that's sure to make pvp against these classes hell for me and greatly increase the usefulness of 2 basically useless classes atm)

Happy coding, we love when the shit is made classic
Last edited by Nirgon; 09-24-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Old 09-25-2014, 01:01 AM
Banned

have seen mage epic pet get rooted way too easily here
Old 09-25-2014, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

Pets have zero resist during this era. Super classic, bros.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Banned

Aside from being MR buffed or the mage epic pet... sounds about right unfortunately and you should start a dispel on your pet when you see a root/snare coming.

A sowed + mr buffed pet with true classic functionality is strong tho and unless dispelled shouldn't ever get rooted.

Beisser / Finastik (mage/druid) & Ennart / Babumten (necro/shaman) put this to great use back in the D.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Developer

Will get you part way there.

Charming a player summoned pet will be made to kill it. Not going to do it for NPC pets, until I have more info.

H
Old 10-09-2014, 02:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will get you part way there.

Charming a player summoned pet will be made to kill it. Not going to do it for NPC pets, until I have more info.

H
Cool, thank you for giving some love to bards after all ~ very much appreciated.

NPC pets, it's up to you .. it wouldn't break anything since charming a NPC kills the pet anyway, would save about 3 ticks of waiting for charm to break to deal with the NPC without pet.

I can't remember how these mechanics worked on classic live, though. It was some sort of mix-and-match of charming one or the other/both kills off pet.