Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 07:40 PM
Kobold

Default Druid Solo 53-55?

So I'm trying to figure out how to bang out the last couple levels before hitting Bear Pits, and seem to be hitting a roadblock.

I'm not super familiar with these levels pre-velious and cant think of any decent camps. All I've come up with is raptors (effing impossible on this server due to superspeed and aggro range) and ice giants (root rotting suxxorz).

Anyone have any ideas? I have lumi staff, so even though I prefer charming to quadding, I'd be thrilled if I could find a decent quad camp to casually grind out some xp. But everything in the level range seems to either have too much hp, is a caster, or is in an indoor zone.

Thanks for your help!!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

I've been wondering about this too. I hit 49 recently on my druid and discovered that charming in Kedge second floor is no longer the nightmare it was at 45, but the monsters, while overall giving great EXP, are already starting to green out. I fear the day I hit that awkward too-low-for-bears-but-too-high-for-second-floor-kedge phase.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:38 AM
Kobold

Spirocs with Lumi staff were pretty darn quick until 53, then it came to a screeching halt.

I might actually try bear pits now if I can find glamour of tunare.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Sarnak

Spirocs in TD are nice exp, after that do drolvargs at KC entr. or ice giants in EF.......or just group in KC
Old 09-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Shark tanks and Patriarch room in kedge are good at those levels.

Mostly you're dealing with rooms of 2-3 mobs, so it's relatively simple to break them.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

You should be quad kiting blue mobs in Dreadlands outside KC.

TIP: Most of the mobs run at the same speed so you can mix/match different mob types.

TIP: Remember that even killing four high green mobs (what used to be light blue) is similar experience to killing 2 dark blue mobs.

TIP: Spiders are druid casters and have sow, dots, nukes, damage shields and dispell. Leave them alone.

Dark blue quaddable mobs (leaving out spiders & named):

At 53: Level 39 & higher mobs will be dark blue- Go for the Brutes, Ragers and Petrafiers as they have the fewest hit points. Greater Plaguebones and Steeps have 50% more hitpoints than these and Ravashings have double the hitpoints!

Drolvarg Rager (39-41s - 60% of them)
Glacier Yetis (39 & 40s - 40% of them)
Greater Plaguebone Skeleton (all - they are 39-43)
Mountain Giant Steep (39 & 40s - 40% of them)
Petrafier Cockatrice (39-41s - 60% of them)
Ravashing Drolvargs (all - they are 40-44)
Voracious Brute (39 & 40s - 40% of them)

At 54: Level 40 & higher mobs will be dark blue- Go for the Brutes, Ragers and Petrafiers as they have the fewest hit points. I even recommend grabbing a green one over pulling any of the higher mobs like Greater Plaguebones, Steeps and Ravashings.

Drolvarg Rager (40-41s - 40% of them)
Glacier Yetis (40s - 20% of them)
Greater Plaguebone Skeleton (40-43s - 80%)
Mountain Giant Steep (40s - 20% of them)
Petrafier Cockatrice (40-41s - 40% of them)
Ravashing Drolvargs (all - they are 40-44)
Voracious Brute (40s - 20% of them)

At 55: Level 41 & higher mobs will be dark blue- There's now only one level of Ragers and Petrafiers (level 41) that are dark blue. That's one out of five you see. You're either going to have to start mixing in greens or take on the Ravashings. Don't spend much time looking for dark blue ragers & petrafiers or you'll waste time, they're a bonus if you see them. If you have a lot of mana, go for the ravashings at this point.

Drolvarg Rager (41s - 20% of them)
Greater Plaguebone Skeleton (41-43 - 40%)
Petrafier Cockatrice (41s - 20% of them)
Ravashing Drolvargs (41-44 - 80% of them)

Levels 56-60:

The ravashings can be blue through 59 (the 44s). By this point you should have enough mana to be able to quad them. You may want to go the greenie route if you don't have enough mana to safely quad them.
Last edited by BarackObooma; 09-26-2014 at 06:03 PM..
Old 09-28-2014, 04:14 AM
Sarnak

You can also give a try to seafuries ... I was able to quad them efficiently, but probably because I play on EUR time and the zone wasn't so crowded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BTW - Nice list on quadable MoBs in DL Barack!
Old 09-28-2014, 06:10 AM
Fire Giant

I've spent a lot of time in DL & OOT doing Seafuries. Once you get to 55, experience is much faster in DL (2-4x). Obviously, loot is much better in OOT though.

If you don't care about what other people think, you're golden. If you do, see below.

The most disliked people in OOT are from what I've seen/heard, 1. The guy who kills the tainted and leaves the corrupted to wander 2. Quadding Druids (they take soooo long rounding up and then killing) 3. Shamans who root rot 3+ seafuries 4. Quadding Wizards (they get a little slack because people know they get one pull per 10 minutes and that they rarely get groups so they're forced to quad) 5. Epic'd Mages (usually hardcore raid guilds, wtf, why are you here monopolizing Seafuries?), 6. Necros who take on 3+ mobs.

There is a lot of competition for Seafuries, even at odd hours. Quadders are frowned on, especially if they take long to round up. If you do it, if you must get 4 mobs and you just can't find a Seafury for the fourth, go over to AC isle and grab the wandering cyclops, its usually the highest level so it's usually got the best chance to be dark blue. Or grab Gornit. For the love of God, please don't run around with three for 5 minutes waiting for a fourth to spawn.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:04 PM
Kobold

As it turns out, 53 was a perfectly fine level to start Bear Pits. In case anyone was curious. Much easier with a partner or C2, but workable nonetheless.

Definitely going to use the list of Quad locations to try when pits are camped, though. Thanks for the info!
Old 09-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Orc

bear pits is doable at 53, but you have to take it slow and the temptation to pull the six pack is oftentimes just too strong