Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thought i'd give this a shot and logged in and had some fun. proceeded to get turned into a cow for no apparent reason (saw cow boss, got warned and ran away). 15 minutes later, turned into a cow and quit the game. gg
Rekt
Old 09-22-2014, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

this guy? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2014, 01:35 AM
Banned

aww the cow is amazing, you can still level up and they get their own skills and armor

im trying to max out animal handling now, saw someone with 2 skeleton mages as pets idk if that necromancy or animal handling though
Old 09-22-2014, 02:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aww the cow is amazing, you can still level up and they get their own skills and armor

im trying to max out animal handling now, saw someone with 2 skeleton mages as pets idk if that necromancy or animal handling though
thats necromancy
Old 09-22-2014, 04:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

point is i got cursed without dying and it occurred 15 minutes after i already ran away from the cow. i dont want to be a cow, nor do i want to get bugged by any other curse randomly after i avoided death. game is probably fun, but dont know if i can deal with the alpher status.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Orc

Got turned into a cow, levelled up cow/psych, went back and roflstampeded that heffer.
Playing a few chars now: a pig with a pet rat, a werewolf psychologist, and a human sword/archery that I'm gonna train in mentalism. I can't believe how fun it is even in alpha! This is what wanguard and eq2 and wow should have been like.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:13 AM
Banned

Update from the KS

Kickstarter Isn't Gonna Make It, But We're Not Dead Yet!
Barring some sort of miracle, this Kickstarter attempt isn't going to succeed. But that's been pretty obvious for a while! The more important thing, to the team here, is that people are getting a lot more excited than they've ever been. We're seeing close to a hundred people online, which is still tiny, but for a previously-completely-unheard-of alpha test, it's great!

We're working on other ways to get the funding we need to make the game. I'll share more of our plans as soon as I know them! In the mean time, if you're enjoying the alpha, fear not: it will remain up and running for at least a few more months while we try to figure out a way to bring the game to completion.

When I see people playing the game (and being excited for its future), it feels like I've been trekking through a polluted swamp and then suddenly started breathing fresh, clean air. It can instantly turn this very tough job into a joyous experience. Our top priority has always been to create a world other people can enjoy with us, and we're already starting to do that!

We're not out of that swamp yet -- getting more money is crucial to being able to finish the game. But your enthusiasm is just as critical. I really appreciate everyone who's taken the time to play and tell their friends about Project: Gorgon!
Last edited by Grubbz; 09-23-2014 at 12:17 AM..
Old 09-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
point is i got cursed without dying and it occurred 15 minutes after i already ran away from the cow. i dont want to be a cow, nor do i want to get bugged by any other curse randomly after i avoided death. game is probably fun, but dont know if i can deal with the alpher status.
Hehe yeah that's a pesky bug, luckily Cows can be OP as shit!

But since being a cow really isn't all that appealing to most people, just ask in global for someone to help you take the boss down. I'm sure you'll get a high level's assistance in no time, people are helpful as fuck on that game.

Project 1999 Red
Old 09-24-2014, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

I like the sound of all this. But how to you stop from being a cow? I really really hate that kind of stuff. When I choose a character at char creation THAT's what I expect to be, not a cow or some illusion cast on me by somebody else. I remember when I played EQ2 I had to hunt down an option to shut off illusions cast by my abilities on myself. In EQ enchanters can change how you look and there's no option.

So what about this game is like classic EQ? One poster comment said there're no glowing paths or automatic things or radars? I definitely like that about classic EQ. On p1999, I like hte lack of hand holding - like no GPS in the in-game map. I even like how some of the zones don't have an in-game map. And how some of the maps are maze-like even! And cliffs you can actualy fall off. I also like first person and ocassional surprises like invisible walls. This stuff makes the world feel more engaging to me.

But how bad is the grind? Grind has always been one of my enemies. My definition of a game which has low or no grind at all is one wherein you go to different places, and things generally aren't always hte same whatever you do. I'll give examples using classic EQ. You're in Crystal Caverns for 6 days, 4 hours each day, doing the SAME camp, and you're still level 45. You've mostly mastered all your spells and have them all, so there's no new spells or techniques to keep you interested! Another example I can think of is when you're camping to complete stages of your epic quests. Some of the stages are notorious for having you sit for an hour waiting for a spawn that MIGHT pop. And you might be coming back to that spawn for weeks or months! Something similar happens with many of the quests in EQ. What makes it worse is the game gives you so little information. You're ENCOURAGED to use allahkazam or one of the p1999 helper sites. And even if you find the info, you still probably have to camp the spawn or zone. This wouldn't be so bad if getting the needed items or named to pop wasn't as time consuming and repetitive, but it often is, painfully so.

So it's not necessarily bad that it takes time to level or that it takes time to do quests in classic EQ. What's bad is there's so much grind (re: repetition) in the time you consume to do those things. I have no problems with slow leveling if I feel like I"m occupied and learning things. It's when I'm stuck doing the same thing and not learning that it becomes unbareable. In classic EQ's case, I was not always bored or not learning things. Many times I had new things to learn or was going to new places. That's why I kept playing.

EDIT: I went to the website for Project Gordon and like what they say on the welcome page. I very much like their comment about how picking up items other players dropped on the ground is missing from some modern games. If you think about it, being able to drop items is taking a lesson from sandbox games and giving players the ability to change things in the environment.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 09-24-2014 at 06:17 PM..
Closed Thread