Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 02-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does beg the question, if the devs are putting little to no effort on the current Green and Blue server, what are they spending their time on?

Have they taken a step back from P99 all together and just allocating little to no time to the project at all, or are they working on something behind the scenes like a merge or new server?

I've personally seen no indication from P99 staff that a merge or a new server are in the works are a part of their vision and to date the excessive amount of threads dedicated to this topic are just filled with speculation and projections of personal preferences.
Read the writing on the wall...

They don't care about it anymore.

If they did, they'd communicate plans. They either are handcuffed due to an agreement with whomever owns the EQ IP now, or they don't give a shit.

Either way a merge is very unlikely. Even tho I'd agree with you that it seems necessary now.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-16-2024, 01:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does beg the question, if the devs are putting little to no effort on the current Green and Blue server, what are they spending their time on?

Have they taken a step back from P99 all together and just allocating little to no time to the project at all, or are they working on something behind the scenes like a merge or new server?

I've personally seen no indication from P99 staff that a merge or a new server are in the works are a part of their vision and to date the excessive amount of threads dedicated to this topic are just filled with speculation and projections of personal preferences.
I think you underestimate the amount of time necessary to just run the servers.

There is staff, petitions, etc this is not a small team and while it's likely they have it on back burner for now, it doesn't mean it's 0 work.

They pushed Green towards the end of its timeline, sleeper is gone, Chardok 2.0 is up

They probably watched the effects of Quarm, which might be more successful than they anticipated.

Numbers on Green/Blue have dwindled, but prime time is still above 1k cumulated, they're probably happy with that.

The big difference between other servers and P99 is that the staff does take decisions in a very discreet fashion. They do not care about players opinions, they are there to reach the goals they set (classic eq) and that's it.

If, given the certain amount of workw they see a merge of green/blue as beneficiary to the project, it will happen, regardless of the hurdles.

I'm pretty sure they'd be excited about a new server as well, especially one with race based PVP like VZ/TZ which is still an experience missing here.

It's very likely that a new p99 experience will happen in the next years.

Whether or not this involves green/blue to merge remains to be seen, even though it would make the most sense from a player base split perspective :

1x new progression server active

1x legacy server where players all end up
Old 02-20-2024, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

probably, you know, their jobs and/or families....
Old 02-29-2024, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

Personally, I was happier before green went live. There was just enough players on Blue to make leveling in pickup groups relatively easy if you stuck to the popular zones. Then Green/Teal launched and at first it was cool. Then as the newness wore off the numbers dwindled and they had to merge green and teal. Then the numbers dwindled some more and finding groups started getting harder on both Green and Blue.

Now I know it will NEVER happen even before I say it. But if they patched Luclin onto Blue I could only imagine the people, myself included, that would flock back to the Blue server to get reacquainted with our lvl 60's that have been collecting dust for a few years.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 03-29-2024, 07:40 PM
Sarnak

Wont happen til Riot decides its ok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-29-2024, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

If they bother to merge them blue will still have 1/4th the population of Nome, Alaska. One of the least hospitable rural cities in the state.

Consequences? lol. Imagine upsetting the social balance of an EQ sim…
Old 03-30-2024, 03:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they bother to merge them blue will still have 1/4th the population of Nome, Alaska. One of the least hospitable rural cities in the state.

Consequences? lol. Imagine upsetting the social balance of an EQ sim…
muh item value
Old 04-02-2024, 04:41 PM
Aviak

merge blue and green onto red
Old 04-03-2024, 09:12 AM
Kobold

But then I won't be able to run 2 instances of P99 so I can raid on blue and green at the same time because I have mental problems.
Old 04-03-2024, 03:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prismaticshop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you underestimate the amount of time necessary to just run the servers.

There is staff, petitions, etc this is not a small team and while it's likely they have it on back burner for now, it doesn't mean it's 0 work.
Its my understanding based on any communication I've seen from the staff that the Developers are sole and seperate from CSR which handle the day to day operations