Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-06-2024, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

+1 for deepwater bp being an incredibly fun item. I find the most fun items in the game to be mana free healing/damage items.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know. I am referring to the Velious BP's https://wiki.project1999.com/Dark_Runed_Breastplate , which have Invigorate for SK's. I said "Some invigorate BP's like Cobalt and Thurgadin quested BP's" in my post too.

Agreed. Fungi Tunic typically has the edge due to recovering HP during the fight, and it's ability to recover HP while you are meditating on a class with mana. It is surprising how well the 15 second Invigorate BP does, considering some of them are much cheaper than a Fungi Tunic. Cobalt BP is only 10k on blue, for example.

Let's say you are fighting a mob that deals 8 DPS, and it takes 3 minutes to kill the mob. This means you will take ~1500 damage in the fight:

1. Fungi Tunic would take ~5 minutes total to recover that HP if you are a Troll/Iksar at level 60. You would recover (150 HP/Min from Fungi Regen + 120 HP/Min from Racial Standing) x 3 minutes = 810 HP during the 3 minute fight, and (15 HP/Min from Fungi Regen + 18 HP/Min from Racial Sitting) x 2 minutes = 660 HP. (810 + 660) = 1470 HP recovered in 5 minutes.

2. 15 second Invigorate BP's would take ~5.25 minutes total to recover that HP if you are a Troll/Iksar at level 60. You would recover (120 HP/Min from Racial Standing) x 3 minutes = 360 HP during the 3 minute fight, and (120 HP/Min from Racial Standing + 360 HP/Min from Invigorate) x 2.25 minutes = 1080 HP. (360 + 1080) = 1440 HP recovered in 5.25 minutes.

With the extra AC on Cobalt BP, you would probably end up recovering in 5 minutes on average from the extra bit of damage reduction you would get. This means Cobalt BP is probably equal to Fungi Tunic in terms of solo kills per hour on Warriors at least. They don't have to worry about meditating mana back (sitting) or regenerating while FD. Cobalt BP is a great tool for Warriors 45+ who can't afford a Fungi Tunic.

If you can get a velious BP from your guild, that would only be 9k if you needed to buy the flawless diamonds. So that is also a good deal cost-wise when you can't afford a Fungi Tunic on classes like SK/Monk.
Yeah for sure. Assuming you can kill the mob without needing the HP regen during the fight then nothing wrong with going with the BP. Just gives some more flexibility at higher levels when soloing in terms of number of camps you can do (for example, even with a TStaff on an Iksar monk who was well geared, there were definitely quite a few fights vs the bodyguards in HK for example where I wouldn't have been able to finish the fight against one of them if I didn't have a fungi and mend was down).
Old 03-06-2024, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah for sure. Assuming you can kill the mob without needing the HP regen during the fight then nothing wrong with going with the BP. Just gives some more flexibility at higher levels when soloing in terms of number of camps you can do (for example, even with a TStaff on an Iksar monk who was well geared, there were definitely quite a few fights vs the bodyguards in HK for example where I wouldn't have been able to finish the fight against one of them if I didn't have a fungi and mend was down).
Indeed. On Monks especially Fungi is nice, because Monks have lower max HP than Knights/Warriors generally speaking. This makes the Fungi Regen during combat more noticeable at times.
Old 03-06-2024, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, the lower max hp is a thing. Monks have great avoidance and mitigation. Potentially better than plate tanks. In that situation they’re likely to take less damage overall, but if they get unlucky with a few spikes then that will represent a much greater portion of their health than on an equivalent plate tank due to monk lower max hp.

I find the best contingency for those spikes is either resetting the fight or quaff some heal pots. Sure, you’ll lose pp on a specific fight where you drink some potions, but most fights won’t spike your hp, so won’t require emergency healing.You should still net pp overall (enough to cover costs) and won’t have to break your rhythm / lose camp (unlike resetting).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-06-2024, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

I use the velious war bp heal on raids often.
Old 03-12-2024, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

I could see scenarios where the cleric BP isn't completely useless.

But yeah, paladood / bard / rogue are the big 3.