Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

View Poll Results: What race should my warrior be?
Barbarian 1 2.78%
Dark Elf 3 8.33%
Dwarf 0 0%
Gnome 8 22.22%
Half-Elf 2 5.56%
Halfling 2 5.56%
Human 4 11.11%
Iksar 7 19.44%
Ogre 2 5.56%
Troll 3 8.33%
Wood Elf 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2023, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Default SSF Warrior

I have played a SSF Dark Elf Rogue to 45 and feel like doing something different now. So going to give Warrior a try, much like a previous poster, I will play whatever wins the poll and try to update now and again here with progress. I feel like all races offer advantages and disadvantages. Some will pick based on it being easier, some will pick based on it being harder.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

I vote gnome. It's probably a great feeling to be able to craft your own clockwork arms.
Old 11-27-2023, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

gnome for sure
Old 11-27-2023, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have played a SSF Dark Elf Rogue to 45 and feel like doing something different now. So going to give Warrior a try, much like a previous poster, I will play whatever wins the poll and try to update now and again here with progress. I feel like all races offer advantages and disadvantages. Some will pick based on it being easier, some will pick based on it being harder.
That other guy wanted a challenge. Human kinda won out for biggest challenge because of night blindness and no racials.

What experience are you looking for more specifically?
Old 11-27-2023, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

finish the first one then do warrior
Old 11-27-2023, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
finish the first one then do warrior
For all intents and purposes I am finished (at least the SSF route). The writing is on the wall right now. I am killing a single level 35 mob every 16 min where I sometimes die or have to flee. I'm using Spine Break poison every fight and sometimes twice a fight which costs me 5-10pp a fight. Unless someone has a better mob for me to fight at level 45, I am finished. I just don't have the patience to only kill a mob 3 times an hour while losing at least 15-30pp. The other route I've tried is Level 30 mobs which still give exp, but it takes killing 7 to get 1% exp at level 45. I can keep up with 2 every 6 min 40 sec, so that's 2.4% exp per hour or 41 hours to level. Feel free to offer advice on what I could upgrade or a mob I could fight.

Finishing gear on my level 45 rogue
Primary - Jambiya
Secondary - Iksar Berserker Club
Earring - 2 x Sarnak Earring of Station
Ring - 2 x Scarab Ring
Neck - Spiked Collar, Collar of Undead Protection, Black Alloy Medallion
Face - Grotesque Alloy Mask
Head - Blackened Alloy Coif
Shoulders - Blackened Alloy Armplates, Rusty Spiked Shoulderpads
Chest - Blackened Alloy Mail
Feet - Blackened Alloy Boots, Traveler Boots
Legs - Blackened Alloy Legplates
Wrist - Blackened Alloy Bracers, Hero Bracers, Bracer of the Hidden
Hands - Sporali Gloves
Back - Supple Black Cloak
Waist - Blackened Alloy Waistband
Old 11-27-2023, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That other guy wanted a challenge. Human kinda won out for biggest challenge because of night blindness and no racials.

What experience are you looking for more specifically?
I would say challenge. All races have pros and cons though. It just personal preference as to what people think is a higher challenge. Some people hate Ogres cause of the starting area, I find The Ferrott to be the best newbie zone and a huge stat advantage. Ogres mainly suck cause of their size, it is quite annoying ducking through doors, plus their exp penalty. Any good aligned race has it pretty easy early cause of turn in quests whether it be CB belts, DF belts, or Gnoll Teeth, but less stats in general and no exp penalty unless you count the 5% of barbs. Night blindness can be problematic at times, but I spend a great majority of my time on static mobs which renders night blindness not really a con to me.
Old 11-27-2023, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say challenge. All races have pros and cons though. It just personal preference as to what people think is a higher challenge. Some people hate Ogres cause of the starting area, I find The Ferrott to be the best newbie zone and a huge stat advantage. Ogres mainly suck cause of their size, it is quite annoying ducking through doors, plus their exp penalty. Any good aligned race has it pretty easy early cause of turn in quests whether it be CB belts, DF belts, or Gnoll Teeth, but less stats in general and no exp penalty unless you count the 5% of barbs. Night blindness can be problematic at times, but I spend a great majority of my time on static mobs which renders night blindness not really a con to me.
I’d again still recommend human. But go innoruuk to be more hated in certain places. Night blindness, mediocre stats, low agi, no racials besides maybe armor to have. But you get to have an eyepatch which is peak fashion.

Gl!
Old 11-30-2023, 06:54 AM
Planar Protector

Barbarian. I know the experience won't be the same as it was in 1999, but adventuring in Everfrost was awesome. You have the night blindness challenge but also get Slam and good starting stats, without being a bulky/ugly Ogre or Troll. Maximum fun.
Old 12-07-2023, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks all for the votes and input. I started up a Human Warrior Innoruuk a week ago. Currently level 16, full leather, 2 x limestone ring, 2 x alligator tooth earring, 2 giant snake fangs. Smooth sailing so far, travel is actually easier being human who worships innorruk. Night blindness is a non issue for the most part. Human allows me to do several easy turn in quests for exp and money. Currently killing dervs in southern ro and orcs to farm up some money to make banded while still getting exp.

Levels 1-8 - East Freeport/Northern Ro
Level 9-15 - Blackburrow/Qeynos Hills/Qeynos Aquaducts
Level 16 - Southern ro