Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-31-2024, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Default SK undead fear kiting in BW

If one were to get high enough faction with the Sarnak Collective to make all the roamers in Burning Woods non aggro, does it then become a safe enough place for a SK to fear kite in the zone?

Anyone ever tried this? I'm assuming between the apes and war boned skeletons there would be enough undead to fear kite here to 60.
Old 01-31-2024, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

y tho
Old 01-31-2024, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with Toxigen. I don't see a benefit to doing this from an efficiency perspective. There are better hunting grounds for SK's over Burning Woods. The amount of time you are going to spend running around to find roaming mobs is probably going to be a significant detriment to your kills per hour. SK's don't have tracking.

If you just want to level in Burning Woods for fun and don't care about efficiency, there is almost certainly some safe places in the zone to do fear kiting in.

Because this is an unusual fear kiting spot, I doubt you will find existing information. You would need to find them yourself by fearing in places that look clear and seeing what happens
Old 02-02-2024, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

It's the only place to fear kite undead outdoors past 55. I've tried hunting there before but found the sowed sarnaks zooming around to be too much to handle, but if those were non aggro it seems like it should work out to a pretty great place to fear kite undead.

Guess I'll have to try it myself and see how it goes.
Old 02-02-2024, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the only place to fear kite undead outdoors past 55. I've tried hunting there before but found the sowed sarnaks zooming around to be too much to handle, but if those were non aggro it seems like it should work out to a pretty great place to fear kite undead.

I like fear kiting in Howling Stones North above level 55:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmDvk3udrhI

Can take you all the way to 60. It's not outdoors, but it's a nice spot. The place I am at in the very start of the video is a safe spot to camp at, so you can just leave your character in HS North.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-02-2024 at 05:11 PM..
Old 02-02-2024, 05:48 PM
Skeleton

I grinded 55-60 SK in BW and had most success at Giant Fort.

The front ramp has 2-spawns which can be split and fear-kited but is super sketchy due to random gorillas and undead pathing.

I would advise spending some time inside the fort; Verdants can be tank/drained and Ancients fear/kited. Using a lower level fear can give you more control of the fear/kite journey within the walls.

Can also check out those tiny huts inside the fort; sometimes feared giants bounce off the walls and never find the exit.

Lastly, I recall them running at 20%....so no need to fear past that point, just a clicky snare to root them.

Good luck!!
Old 02-06-2024, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Update: I got dubious with Sarnak Collective and it's made fear kiting in BW much much safer. I am realizing now that the wurms appear to be on Ring of Scale which I am threatening with. I will probably head to Mistmoore and grind some of that faction so that I don't have to worry about the wurms jumping me either.

There are several undead ruins scattered around the zone and I've been trying to find the best area to fear kite.
Old 02-06-2024, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update: I got dubious with Sarnak Collective and it's made fear kiting in BW much much safer. I am realizing now that the wurms appear to be on Ring of Scale which I am threatening with. I will probably head to Mistmoore and grind some of that faction so that I don't have to worry about the wurms jumping me either.

There are several undead ruins scattered around the zone and I've been trying to find the best area to fear kite.
Nice! Glad to hear you are figuring things out. Would love to hear a more detailed explanation when you get all your faction sorted out.
Old 02-07-2024, 12:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:

You can fear kite the 2 dock guards in BB till 60. no need for just undead. safe camp and you can sell to at rings. Far far better place to hunt. I wouldn't go into HS to fear kite. it's just asking for a messy CR. Just cause someone did it doesn't mean everyone needs to do it.
Old 02-07-2024, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeper41 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can fear kite the 2 dock guards in BB till 60. no need for just undead. safe camp and you can sell to at rings. Far far better place to hunt. I wouldn't go into HS to fear kite. it's just asking for a messy CR. Just cause someone did it doesn't mean everyone needs to do it.
Wiki says the respawn timer on those is 24 minutes? If that's accurate I wouldn't call 2 kills in 24 minutes a good camp.