Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not share their views, but nor would I try to push my views upon anyone else, which is a major problem among religions nowadays ("It's not god I have a problem with, it's his fan club I can't stand.").
qft
Old 02-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
("It's not god I have a problem with, it's his fan club I can't stand.").
Whether or not you believe in Jesus, just look what he taught:

Love each other.
Let he who is without sin punish the sinner (i.e. no one).
Help people in need, no matter who they are.
etc.

Aren't those good messages?

What sucks is the people who take this and use it for their own goals (inquisitions, persecution, controlling knowledge & education, crusades, etc).
Old 02-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

100% with you Rak. Religion has no place in my life, but there's so many valuable lessons I took away from my Catholic background. I take what I agree with, use it to be a better person, and discard the rest.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Love each other.
etc.

What sucks is the people who take this and use it for their own goals (inquisitions, persecution, controlling knowledge & education, crusades, etc).
Yes, the new testament has some nice messages. Of course all other major religions basically have the same messages. Or most other ideologies as well. BUT: The new testament actually introduced hell (its absent in the old one), so it's not all niceties.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Love each other.
etc.

3 "good" messages out of several thousand pages of bad messages does not make a person good. And I'd take exception with that second "good" message. If nobody can punish a sinner, we should live in a society without courts and jails? It makes no logical sense, but it plays to people's emotions to think nobody else can pass judgment upon them.

And he also taught us that we're all born with sin. So god creates us and the default position is eternal agony and torment for his creations? Does that really sound like a kind and loving god?

Also, isn't jesus basically god in the form of a man? So that means god sacrificed himself, to himself, to save us all from himself. Very logically solid foundation for a religion if you ask me.

Finally, can anyone answer this one simple question in a clear and concise way: What exactly is the holy spirit?
Old 02-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% with you Rak. Religion has no place in my life, but there's so many valuable lessons I took away from my Catholic background. I take what I agree with, use it to be a better person, and discard the rest.
^Same^

Except in RNF!
Old 02-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally, can anyone answer this one simple question in a clear and concise way: What exactly is the holy spirit?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3 "good" messages out of several thousand pages of bad messages does not make a person good. And I'd take exception with that second "good" message. If nobody can punish a sinner, we should live in a society without courts and jails? It makes no logical sense, but it plays to people's emotions to think nobody else can pass judgment upon them.

And he also taught us that we're all born with sin. So god creates us and the default position is eternal agony and torment for his creations? Does that really sound like a kind and loving god?

Also, isn't jesus basically god in the form of a man? So that means god sacrificed himself, to himself, to save us all from himself. Very logically solid foundation for a religion if you ask me.

A feeling. Which some people believe in more than others.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL
Old 02-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A feeling. Which some people believe in more than others.
Concise, but not clear.
Closed Thread