Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Skeleton

Default Factions and bind points...

First, look here:
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=9206

I saw this and thought "Gee, what if I killed him a couple times unwary of how hard it was hitting my faction. And lets just say that I die while in BB doing something else. I then rezone after death in Qeynos and the guards proceed to whack me over and over and over and over and over and over. I delevel to 1. And quit."

Any thoughts?
If you have a quest that is leveling you with one turn in, you should report it just to be safe as it may not be working as intended unless the quest is intended for someone of a much higher level and you somehow managed to get your hands on the turn in items. This is why some turn in items are flagged as no drop. Maybe the item you turned in is missing the flag, in which case the devs need to know so they can fix it. - Torrinn.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Project Manager

Scout Malityn doesn't spawn.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:07 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Though you bring up a good point. beware of the faction you are destroying in relation to your bind point. don't expect rezzes because you didn't bother to check what faction hits you were getting vs your bind point :/
Old 10-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

I mentioned this in another thread about the qeynos rogue that started KOS to the guards and was chain killed at his bind but...

Is it "classic" that the bind point is right there under the main gate? On Al'kabor the bind point is out in the noobie yard away from the gate (posted the loc in that other thread).

The second point is.. many "noobie" type quests in Qeynos (and im sure there are similar quests in other cities) give negative faction to one band of guards or the other. I have not tested how easy it is for some of the evils to turn KOS to the guards yet by doing those quests but...

But if those are the true classic default bind points, so be it.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But if those are the true classic default bind points, so be it.
I know the one in Freeport is off, it wasn't on top of the gates like it is now. A bit more towards the empty tents, Northwest-ish of the gate.

One of the first things I noticed as "off", but didn't really know what the forums were or how to report such things.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

This is something to worry about for sure. Nice post OP.

On a related point, I swear I remember my bindpoint being near the Miller's campfire in Qeynos Hills. when I made my ranger in March 1999. But the memory is very fuzzy. It's not dependable.

If we could change the server from its current state to anything we want and the mission was to fix this problem (i'm sure it has happened before): what would the fix be?

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 10-13-2011 at 01:03 PM..
Old 10-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is something to worry about for sure. Nice post OP.

On a related point, I swear I remember my bindpoint being near the Miller's campfire in Qeynos Hills. when I made my ranger in March 1999. But the memory is very fuzzy. It's not dependable.

If we could change the server from its current state to anything we want and the mission was to fix this problem (i'm sure it has happened before): what would the fix be?
Just made a human ranger of Karana on Al'kabor and attacked the first NPC I saw and ended up....

4850, -46, 0.82

which is ..near the Miller's Campfire in Qeynos Hills. So I think your memory is correct.

On p99 EVERYONE no matter if you are a SK of bertox or a Druid from Surefall, is respawning at the front gate of Qeynos , arent they?
Old 10-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

ON LIVE:
with exception of druids and ranger, all classes/races that start in Qeynos respawn outside of city gates, but well outside of guards agro range. if you facing the gates from outside- that spot is little bit to the left next to a tree, about 200 clicks from the gates itself

rangers and druids start bound near SFG
Closed Thread