Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're talking about - we were killing AoW with warriors doing the tanking many months before Luclin.
Sorry I calll bs.

He was killed a total of 4 times before Luclin went live. 2 of the times was using Frozen whatever as charmed tank.

The next 2 times came only on the eve of Luclin launch, by LoS and FoH only 45 mins apart. This was the only time AoW was killed by using Main Tanking+CH Chain during that expansion. Many weeks and months of farming ToV/Sleepers gear, 70+ person raids were finally able to kill him at the end of the expansion. AoW was the bad ass of badassness.

The mobs here simply hit harder and faster than they did on live. I recall clearing Sky the night after we finished clearing VP for the first time with 16 people.
Last edited by Rais; 09-17-2011 at 10:43 PM..
Old 09-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

A while ago guilds were complaining about mobs being too weak (particularly Trakanon), now people are complaining about mobs being too strong. I realize one can be true for some mobs and the other can be true for other mobs, but I think you guys should be more specific about which mobs are too strong and why.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

I'd say as a whole, most higher level mobs in the game are actually tougher than they were in classic. Sometimes this is offset by the classes themselves being more powererful due to pets/charm/etc.. being too strong(and thus people say some mobs are too weak, when in fact some classes were just too strong). I stopped playing not far into Luclin and have no experience with PoP/GoD or anything higher so my memory isn't as cloudy as to when things changed. Mobs as a whole seem to hit a bit harder and faster, and I know for a fact their resists are higher. Not to mention beating the dead horse of mob run speed and hit box size...

The game is overall tougher, which isn't really a bad thing, but there are many things definitely not the way they used to be. Even with our expanded knowledge of the game, and the old proverb "If only I knew then what I know now..." there are some things that are still a tad out of whack. Obviously we'll never get it perfect because of a lack of reliable data and too many voices arguing the exact opposite of one another. If these things are truly too strong then at some point it will become obvious and probably be tweaked, until then we're probably just going to have to live with it and try and find ways around it.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Fire Giant

I did Giegue. I haven't fought Trakanon here but most boss mobs seem to be harder. The people who 'complained' they were too easy may have been right or knowing this server just seeking to slow down their opposition. Those of us who did these fights on live remember how hard they were, but we also remember at the point we were winning the encounters and how they compared, in context perhaps. And we never ever needed a 7 cleric ch chain for OOA or Bazzt Zzzt I did not see a 7+ ch chain until you got into the AoW fights. My memory which I grant you isn't photographic remembers things like that. You remember the huge difference between kunark mobs hp, and velious that as one of the first things you noticed. You remember how things got progressively easier going back into sky post kunark, post epics, or post velious.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what you're talking about - we were killing AoW with warriors doing the tanking many months before Luclin.
Lol.
Where's Heebee on Eqplayers.com?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Kobold

Bumping this. We have combat logs of Bazzt Zzzt doing 1150-1250 dps to a defensive warrior in the best gear currently available. This mob hits for max extremely consistently and with very low delay (an issue all npcs island 6 and higher share). Right now the amount of healing required to keep a tank alive in this encounter is obscene and comparing it to AoW should be ridiculous.

A few guides with conflicting information were clearly used to develop plane of sky and the harder recounts from both were used, islands 1-5 are reasonably accurate to live with a few exceptions. Islands 6 and higher are very much overtuned still and do not make for an enjoyable raid experience.

1) Efreeti mobs spawning inside the ramps making them difficult to pull without pets.

2) Island 5 not having the safe spot it should. It did when sky was first released on p99, but it was removed. Our raids on live many times camped out at the edge of the island near the port in area to continue the next day without spirocs jumping us until pulled (without invis). Changing this would lower the barrier of entry to this island for less powerful guilds.

3) Eye of Veeshan melee damage should be 170 making it a rune evasive tank fight similar to VS. The guides conflict here and the higher was chosen, the one that says the fight is easy is correct, this was a reward mob for getting so far. I have seen eye of veeshan on p99 kill thunder spirit pets pretty much instantly because the AE proc which happens on nearly every swing cannot be avoided without riposte tanking rotations.

4) The bees, the unsplit bees should have low MR and be fairly easily mezzed or even charmed by a lvl 60 enchanter as a method of crowd control. The split bees should not be mezzable or charmable. Killing island 6 on island 6 is like heroic mode the way it works now. All of these bees hit for max very often and with extremely low delay, the combination makes them harder than they should be.

5) Memblurs / atone. These spells should not have any effect in Plane of Sky, but they do. Blur spells in general on p99 seem unresistable, a problem in that it works a little too well - like on the kunark dragons for instance.

6) Spiroc Lord Stun - Yes, he could stun your tank on live, but not near the frequency he does on p99. TR has seen 3-4 tanks stone spider stunned at a time before. Having the tank wear max MR gear with a bard singing MR song was not required to keep this npc agro on a singular tank in 1999.

7) Recently triggered NPCs are not always despawning after the 80 minutes is up. Which could be used for malicious end if someone decided to crack open some bees on say island 1 and jump off. We ran into bees splits alive on island 2 with a fully spawned series of azaracks and no raid having been in there in the timeframe to do so. Keeper of Souls can exhibit this behaviour too.

8) Keeper of Souls should be triggerable by any of the 6 griffons/pegasus on island 4, currently only the 3 griffons can do so.

This information is all available from the 3 or so popular plane of sky guides, the problem is they conflict with one another for whatever reason. My guild on live was not super fantastic but had little difficulty clearing sky during kunark with mediocre gear and less than a 35-40 man raid force of max level players. It would be nice for the content to work like that here as well so sky didn't feel like such a drag.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trystych [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4) The bees, the unsplit bees should have low MR and be fairly easily mezzed or even charmed by a lvl 60 enchanter as a method of crowd control. The split bees should not be mezzable or charmable. Killing island 6 on island 6 is like heroic mode the way it works now. All of these bees hit for max very often and with extremely low delay, the combination makes them harder than they should be.
I can't say anything about the rest of your post but currently this is working as you describe. The unsplit bees are fairly easily mezzable by a 60 Bard (it lands probably 60+% of the time which is normal for a level 55 mob), while the split bees are immune to mez. Unless things were changed I don't see how this is an issue, except for the bees possibly doing too much damage, but I don't have any information on that.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 11-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

I remember our first and only fight with eye of veeshan with legacy of steel, we wiped on first try due to not having a clue about the fight.

He was procing the Maestro aoe lifetap pretty much every 2-3 rounds.

Second fight we runed our tank and it died pretty switfly. It was quadding for 189.

The version here isnt anywhere close to what it used to be.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't say anything about the rest of your post but currently this is working as you describe. The unsplit bees are fairly easily mezzable by a 60 Bard (it lands probably 60+% of the time which is normal for a level 55 mob), while the split bees are immune to mez. Unless things were changed I don't see how this is an issue, except for the bees possibly doing too much damage, but I don't have any information on that.
The point here is that they are not charmable by level 60 chanters when they should be. I guess this is for the same reason that Sirran is not- it would be sickly OP. It is also, however, as unclassic as maps and spell sets.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Who cares if Sky is harder? We've played this game 173891837 times before, don't you want something challenging besides being able to roflstomp every mob in the game, collect your phats, and log? Isn't that what WoW is for?

A lot of the rewards are irreplaceable until Velious, and some highly useful for many expansions past Velious (Shaman ring, etc).

lol wut