Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default I've got nerd chills

The progression of my night started off with checking out mmorpg.com..a site that i used to visit frequently back in my hay-day of mmo's.

I saw a post about this project1999.. and since i've been here numerous emotions have come over me... excitement, nostalgia, and fear.

I am fearful of a...how my life might deteriorate due to addiction, or b.. that i might be disappointed and disillusioned. I know it can never go back to what it is in my memories.

I'm excited because the one thing that EQ had, which other games that I played didn't was the community. From reading some posts here it seems that there is a good community here, and that gives me hope.

here's a little intro of my eq past:
Everquest was my first MMO. I started playing when I was 12. My parents' friends guided me along my journey. I played on Brell Serillis from '99-2002. My first character was a dwarf warrior named Borty. I was a shit tank. I ran away first; basically, I didn't know what a tank was back then.

I then rolled a druid to level 55(Kimbutachi), whereupon doing my epic quest I found out that my un-updateable (or so my parents said at the time) computer lacked the RAM to go into city of mist without crashing (I couldn't afford the quest item at the time). I then re-rolled my final main character, Kaels Yufasst. He was a monk whom I leveled to 61.

To this day, my favorite video game memories aren't of playing super mario brothers, or even the epic sieges in DAoC, but the times I spend pulling in Karnor's Castle, SolB, Velketor's Labrinth.

I've read that hybrids get this exp penalty, and people are typically grouping with pure classes. Would it be an unnecessary burden for me to roll a hybrid? Also, because I was so young (12-16) when I played, I don't know any of the theory behind items, skills, etc. like I have come to learn in my most recently played mmo's. With this community being more veteranesque, will I be shunned?

"it's a bird, it's a plane, it's a big ass train!!"
Old 02-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Orc

Welcome. I wonder if it was my post you saw. I got warning for posting about Emulators last week on MMORPG.com :P

The community is great and there are tons of newbs, even on the RED server.

I started two weeks ago and its a blast and people are cool and I even found a guild of low level players like myself to group with.

Nothing better than Classic EQ with a dash of PvP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I got a spare set of Titanium CDs, if you need them send me a PM.
Last edited by Rutaq; 02-14-2012 at 12:02 AM..
Old 02-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Orc

there is no community here just a bunch of power gaming farmers
Old 02-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

^^^Lies,

There are a bunch of chumps, but overall I find if you have a positive attitude on this server you'll go far.

If you are just returning to old school EQ, I'd suggest going Enchanter, Shaman, or Monk. Always wanted, decent soloability, still wanted end game.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Sarnak

i personally give shit to newbs all the time and so do a lot of people. you never saw that on live.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:32 AM
Banned

The server is great and as good as it gets with no better option. The community is by and large great, again, until you wish to raid (or even look at the PVP option, that "community" is a cesspool of childish griefers and cheaters, more intent on ruining your day than playing the game)

Raiding in this game isn't about skill, talent, or ability. It is about putting large amounts of people on a spawnpoint and waiting for the mob to spawn. Veeshan's Peak is about training, because GMs are tired of dealing with the bullshit of certain raiding guilds so they made it a "hands off" zone for GMs.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Don't listen to Harrison - despite his strong opinions, he's never actually raided and actually doesn't know anything about it on this server aside from what he hears in RnF.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

As much as I loved my monk, and boy did I, I want to experience something new. Shaman is one of the few classes that I didn't roll back in the day. I think i'll give that one a shot. I like to be a buffer/healer, and the soloability higher on could lend to growth of the e-peen.

edit** I am amused that after all this time, rangers are still squishy and unwanted. I feel for them, really, I do.
Last edited by MissingNo; 02-14-2012 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: Paladins
Old 02-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't listen to Harrison - despite his strong opinions, he's never actually raided and actually doesn't know anything about it on this server aside from what he hears in RnF.
Flat out lie, 100%

^in one of said guilds who are part of the disgusting raid scene shenanigans which include training each other nonstop in Veeshan's Peak, and killing epic spawn mobs to cockblock others out of spite.

I gave up raiding here because of people like this.

Like I said. 90% of this community and server is great and helpful until you reach the point where you want to raid. That portion of this server is severely mishandled, and not at the fault of staff. People at that part of the game are just massive children incapable of being mature, responsible, human beings.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

I stand by my statement. You've never actually raided here, Harrison. If you wish to dispute this, would you please detail the specifics of your raiding history?

You don't even know what the fuck is going on on the server. Seriously, you get your info from a couple of RnF crybabies.

Stop pretending that you have a clue.