Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Orc

Default MMOs on the horizon

What are the MMOs on your radar?

There are only a couple for me

- World of darkness MMO (from CCP, devs of Eve Online)

This is the main MMO i am waiting on, and god will it come out already

The main thing i find boring in Eve is the repetitive PVE storylines. World of Darkness will most likely combine writers from white wolf and you just have to read a RPG rulebook from white wolf to see that they are great storytellers. With just CCP on-board, id be afraid that it might be a bit boring, kinda like eve which has its ups and downs. But with both companies, CCP working on the sandbox and white wolf doing storylines, it could be great. Bonus points: none of the idiots who think vampires are for faggots because they hate twilight will play this game.

The other MMOs im waiting on are Earthrise which comes out soon (february) and maybe black prophecy a space shooter MMO but with the feedback i got im not getting my hopes up. Oh, guild wars 2.
Last edited by boboo; 01-11-2011 at 07:26 PM..
Old 01-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Sarnak

Well typically I love Bioware games and have always found star wars games to be really entertaining so i plan on playing The old republic atleast for a quick storyline play through on one of the sith characters. But it looks like a WoW clone now that we are seeing more media for it so I dont think it will be an extended stay for me. Might not even play at all. This post, might not have even need to be posted =)

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 01-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Oh and on a side note, WTF is with all of the super bubbley artwork in these MMO's? wow started a generation of super gay artwork in MMO's. Super colorful and not ominous in anyway. Even diablo 3 has rainbows in it.... RAINBOWS! Whatever happened to good old fashioned fantasy worlds that were dark and gritty. Give me some of those

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 01-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh and on a side note, WTF is with all of the super bubbley artwork in these MMO's? wow started a generation of super gay artwork in MMO's. Super colorful and not ominous in anyway. Even diablo 3 has rainbows in it.... RAINBOWS! Whatever happened to good old fashioned fantasy worlds that were dark and gritty. Give me some of those
I'm with you in spirit. However, Warhammer went for a more gritty feel and after awhile it was almost suffocating to me. For what it's worth, Rift looks/feels pretty dark and sinister as far as beta goes.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Aviak

Star Wars Old Republic.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by boboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are the MMOs on your radar?

There are only a couple for me

- World of darkness MMO (from CCP, devs of Eve Online)

This is the main MMO i am waiting on, and god will it come out already

The main thing i find boring in Eve is the repetitive PVE storylines. World of Darkness will most likely combine writers from white wolf and you just have to read a RPG rulebook from white wolf to see that they are great storytellers. With just CCP on-board, id be afraid that it might be a bit boring, kinda like eve which has its ups and downs. But with both companies, CCP working on the sandbox and white wolf doing storylines, it could be great. Bonus points: none of the idiots who think vampires are for faggots because they hate twilight will play this game.

The other MMOs im waiting on are Earthrise which comes out soon (february) and maybe black prophecy a space shooter MMO but with the feedback i got im not getting my hopes up. Oh, guild wars 2.
So they're working on another mmo? Not good in my book. Eve needs another refresh in a few years and without CCP there that bodes ill for its future. Different developers = no sandbox.

I hope that WoD keeps the sandbox and doesn't throw it out like so many others. Eve kept it and that's why I still want to play it. Sandboxes are my absolute favorite.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Old 03-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Aviak

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

World of Darkness has an MMO coming out??????

must. research.

**to clarify - my friends and i always referred to the WW RPG's as WOD RPG's.....so i speak different :P don't hate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] **
Old 03-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

EQ Next (EQ 3)

They don't know what to call it.

Basically, what they are promising is a recreation of classic hardcore eq with update graphics and i guess some other tweaks to gameplay. As I understand it, finding quests and equipment will be just as classic had it...

Hopefully they keep their promise and don't just make another clone. Even if the population in the game won't boom, they definitely have the money to keep the game running for a long while.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadrian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ Next (EQ 3)

They don't know what to call it.

Basically, what they are promising is a recreation of classic hardcore eq with update graphics and i guess some other tweaks to gameplay. As I understand it, finding quests and equipment will be just as classic had it...

Hopefully they keep their promise and don't just make another clone. Even if the population in the game won't boom, they definitely have the money to keep the game running for a long while.
I was excited when I heard about EQ Next as well. Some of the screenshots were pretty cool... then I remembered the long track record of fail that left all of us disappointed time and time again. Pretty much lost all enthusiasm for it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Fire Giant

guild wars 2

might also check out APB since i'm such a GTA junkie
Closed Thread