Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 11:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They quite probably did say something like that. You might not be aware but P1999's host uses no code from the original game. The server is it's own entity, programmed specifically to re-create the original game as much as practical, in some cases even known glitches. Hence LORE items stacking on corpses is present here on purpose. They've had 9 years to take it out if they didn't want it to be here. It might be scummy, it might cause discussion and argument within the community....but that's how the original game was, so that's how they made it here.

Yeah, there are some things that aren't fully classic here. Sometimes it's because of an inability to backdate the client, other issues are out of choice. It's their world, their choice.

Danth
Thanks, Danth.

Great explanation, I didn't realize all that about the code. Certainly clarifies.

Guess I shouldn't expect anything to change anytime soon. I'll keep sending shaman children to college.

And lobby for Gnome Shadow Knights.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess I shouldn't expect anything to change anytime soon.
Not with respect to J-boots, no. The South Ro spawn has been a dog-eat-dog situation for a long time. Hence all the alternative suggestions: Use SOW potions instead, level up till you can camp the OOT cyclops (which is a formal camp, and hence rather more civil), save up 5K and buy T-boots from sol-A, and so on.

Danth
Old 10-04-2018, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

I've found if you are in zone and lose FTE race some of the regular J boot farmers of the past would accept a very significant discount if you offer to pay for loot rights, saving the farmer the bother of corpsing and MQing the ring.

Maybe not the solution you are looking for but it maybe a workable compromise.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm more frustrated about not being able to get a tooth off Trakanon. Neck beards won't let the damn dragon breathe for 5 minutes before they down him.

I just don't have it in me to compete at that level. I am moderately ok with that.
What would you even do with a VP key if you don't compete?
Old 10-04-2018, 03:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gottem..
Old 10-04-2018, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've found if you are in zone and lose FTE race some of the regular J boot farmers of the past would accept a very significant discount if you offer to pay for loot rights, saving the farmer the bother of corpsing and MQing the ring.

Maybe not the solution you are looking for but it maybe a workable compromise.
I like this meta. I'll turn up and pay 4k(?) or so then flip it for "retail" <3

A service within a service! How deep does the MQ rabbit hole go?
Old 10-04-2018, 04:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many bloomin' onions does it cost for SoW sword loot rights?
Old 10-04-2018, 05:27 AM
Skeleton

Let's hope the op isn't a mage. Going to have another rude awakening when he tries to get his epic....
Old 10-04-2018, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, corpsing seems like yet another reason to disable MQ for the J Boots quest.

Seems like a quest designed to be enjoyed by all players (of appropriate level) shouldn't be monopolized by greedy people exploiting bugs like MQ and corpsing. It is, after all, probably the only quest in the game meant to be done by all players (of non-sowing classes) over mid-level. It's really a rite of passage for a character; back on Live on Tarrew Marr our Druids and Rangers were certainly detrimenal to player QoL, but they weren't so malicious as to monopolize the AC with cheap exploits.

Multi-boxing is not ok, but this is? Seems odd.

Thank you Messrs. pickled_heretic and Sacer for the info about corpsing.
If the pixels were trivial to acquire, you wouldn't want them so bad. It's like you said, a right of passage. I suggest camping your character out and checking back periodically especially during off hours or doing another camp for the cash to buy the MQ. It may take a week or two to get the camp (if you don't have the time to wait for it to open during peak hours) and then take like 8+ hours to camp it...

Corpsing isn't a cheap exploit. Howling stones sure would be hard to farm if you couldn't corpse the temporary keys to each wing....
Old 10-04-2018, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't know. Never been there.